Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to our NY Governor, all of our guns should be locked away in a safe ... so that you are ready to defend yourself!

And if your guns are stolen (by the burglar they would not keep in jail) it is your fault!

She has also proposed banning all wood burning stoves! That will go over real well in upstate NY! I think she is afraid someone may mistake her for a witch!
New York state is a beautiful place..... but, I don't envy y'all's politicians.

According to our NY Governor, all of our guns should be locked away in a safe ... so that you are ready to defend yourself!

And if your guns are stolen (by the burglar they would not keep in jail) it is your fault!

She has also proposed banning all wood burning stoves! That will go over real well in upstate NY! I think she is afraid someone may mistake her for a witch!
Never heard she wants to ban wood burning stoves . The law that went into effect was to reduce wood consumption by way of only allowing new efficient stoves being sold .
https://www.wktv.com/news/local/add...cle_a3fc8260-671f-5216-9b22-192441366a06.html
Tye stance on guns is going to bring ny before the Suprem Court again I'm sure of that

She did propose banning them, along with burning gas for cooking! She also wants to go all electric for heat and cooking in NYC.

Thankfully her proposals don't all go through.

I don't smoke anything, but the hypocrisy of wanting to ban gas cooking stoves and menthol cigarettes while simultaneously legalizing marijuana is insane!

The Supreme court has been very wimpy on our 2nd amendment rights. They have even been silent on mass media restricting our 1st amendment rights based on our political leanings.

How is it legal to restrict the # of rounds you have in a gun in your own house to defend yourself when it is very likely the person breaking into your house will have more rounds in his/her gun? Our "rights" get eroded a little at a time!

Since this is a catch all for information I will ask which 4 wheeler? I had a honda big red for 30+ years but it finally wore out. It pulled a small 3x4ft trailer around my 5 acres for yard work. I need a wheeler to pull this same trailer around the property. Looking to spend $1500-3000. I am currently using a 2001 honda odyssesy around the yard and it is too big for this task.

You could look for a good JD Gator 4x2 or 6x4, but $1500 maint gonna do it. For that matter $3k is a good start. Prices have gone crazy for the super reliable 2000-2007 Trail Gator. Not fast, but works real well.
I'll do a trade for a jar if smoked fish! Im supposed to trade someone else here on the forum a jar of smoked red salmon bellies fir wild swine, 🤔 but I've already forgotten who? Been very busy researching equipment lately!

It twas me, Me, ME..... I'm searching around for a small enough good insulated styrofoam shippiong box for the frozen package and dry ice to send some very fresh ground Hog. I'll let you know. Because I know the Pickling will be good for a while.....

Recently switched to the smaller cast iron from the big wok View attachment 1052888View attachment 1052889

Just so its not worthless, here's my pics..... Salmon, Asparagus and homemade hollandaise? Or would you prefer fresh shot Turkey breast tenderloin sauteed with just Olive Oil and Montreal Seasoning, on a Atlanta Stove works #27 stove, in a small CI pan? Turkey Tenderloin.jpg

Salmon.jpg

Wait, I just realised I'm not 60 pages behind, I'm 123 pages behind! See you again in 6 weeks. :reading:

Yeah, Math is hard..... I have to use the multiquote to keep up.

She did propose banning them, along with burning gas for cooking! She also wants to go all electric for heat and cooking in NYC.

I don't smoke anything, but the hypocrisy of wanting to ban gas cooking stoves and menthol cigarettes while simultaneously legalizing marijuana is insane!

The Supreme court has been very wimpy on our 2nd amendment rights. They have even been silent on mass media restricting our 1st amendment rights based on our political leanings.

How is it legal to restrict the # of rounds you have in a gun in your own house to defend yourself when it is very likely the person breaking into your house will have more rounds in his/her gun? Our "rights" get eroded a little at a time!
They know an outright ban of guns can never happen…. So they are slowly eroding the rights of legal gun owners. They think that if they make it more difficult less people will want to own them. They are wrong.

The riots in Minneapolis did nothing but send (legal) gun sales through the roof around here.

Its not cast Iron, but it IS smoking the Turkey breasts over a small bit of Hickory and Cherry I SCROUNGED off my ranch last year. I ate the tenderloins the night before, fresh outta the bird I got at 5 pm. By the time I got the fire going, it had gotten dark, but me and the Pooger enjoyed the tenders. The Smoked breasts the next day were incredibly well smoked and only took a few minutes to put away, mif you know what I mean...

1675095706002.png

They know an outright ban of guns can never happen…. So they are slowly eroding the rights of legal gun owners. They think that if they make it more difficult less people will want to own them. They are wrong.

The riots in Minneapolis did nothing but send (legal) gun sales through the roof around here.
IIRC I watched a reporter saying it was a mostly peaceful demonstration while standing in front of a business that was engulfed in flames, and the reporter wouldn't lie. Besides it only went on for weeks and there were only a couple billion dollars in damages. Why would that increase gun sales? 🤬

I believe NYC did the gas hookup ban on their own but like the state fails attempt so far is only on future hookups . Read some of it but nothing on propane use ? This is a f’d up state but the idiots in the city keep voting these people into office the hypocrisy knows no bounds . She has has heat and cooks with it at the governors and her own residence
I don’t even want to discuss the gun stupidity
https://nypost.com/2023/01/22/nys-hochul-cooks-with-gas-stoves-while-pushing-future-ban-critics/

ss396driver. You might want to check the expiry date on those hats. It appears to be a 2019 model and recommendation is they last from 2 to 5 years.

I happen to think it's crazy but a quick search shows this quote.
The most common service life guideline states that hard hat shells need to be replaced after no more than two years of regular use or five years from the date of manufacture—whichever comes first. The life for suspensions is shorter, with replacement needed after no more than twelve months.

I've been hauling logs with it since I got it last year. But I've been loading with my neighbors log truck. I have a winch in my deck over, which lives at my bothers house since I got this trailer. I never cared fir the winch mount on the deck. This one had a winch on it, but it was up a little taller and pretty flimsy. After the winch mount is done I have to make new fenders and low sides for it. Dump trailer is great, but it doesn't haul any more then this trailer does and this set up weighs less.

Make your own gasket from sheet gasket material.

Thought that comment was about a 9mm?

Having young kids makes it a lot harder. I don't keep anything loaded within their reach. I firmly believe an unloaded defensive gun is worth about as much as a brick in a gunfight. (Nothing) but little hands can and will get into things they shouldn't even if they know they shouldn't. Not for lack of training and teaching them, they just arnt wired like adults are.
9mm? 🤷 10mm? STIHL, how dose he remember🤣🤣🤣

Yes, Kids in the house totally changes how one can store their firearms no doubt about it!!!👍

Heck, the greeny tree huggers here in alaska want to ban wood burning stoves here as well.

You could look for a good JD Gator 4x2 or 6x4, but $1500 maint gonna do it. For that matter $3k is a good start. Prices have gone crazy for the super reliable 2000-2007 Trail Gator. Not fast, but works real well.

It twas me, Me, ME..... I'm searching around for a small enough good insulated styrofoam shippiong box for the frozen package and dry ice to send some very fresh ground Hog. I'll let you know. Because I know the Pickling will be good for a while.....

Just so its not worthless, here's my pics..... Salmon, Asparagus and homemade hollandaise? Or would you prefer fresh shot Turkey breast tenderloin sauteed with just Olive Oil and Montreal Seasoning, on a Atlanta Stove works #27 stove, in a small CI pan? View attachment 1053368

View attachment 1053366

Yeah, Math is hard..... I have to use the multiquote to keep up.
I thought it was you but I couldn't remember.

Scrounged up a new hard hat . On clearance at Home Depot for 9 bucks . I looked at the package couldn’t find where it was made assumed China but I was wrong . I’m going to see if they have more this week Made in USA

Hmm, at 4 years old it may be too close to retirement, here a helmets life is 5 years.

Manufacturers usually state that it is five years from the date that it is put in service. Not from the date of manufacture. Other people or authorities can interpret differently.

Of course, many manufacturers also recommend replacing the suspension every year, and almost no one does that.

Things like excessive heat, UV exposure, chemicals, etc. reduce life.

Best thing to do is to store helmet out of the sun, and inspect regularly.

Philbert

https://training.acrt.com/how-to-videos/how-to-inspecting-your-hard-hat/
https://blog.msasafety.com/signs-you-may-need-a-new-hard-hat/

Back