Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Set a snare... shoot em in the head... Put em in the freezer.. Somewhere along the way those kids need to learn the truth of the meat in the grocery store.. Sooner the better
How many freezers do you have? That just doesn't work, can you eat 10 moose a year, or 10 deer a year? How long do you think it would be, before you were in jail?

SR

Fahq-you guys, I even wore my favorite shirt, see if I ever make a you-tube video again!
@Lionsfan I definitely don't know you very well. Actually, not at all really. However, judging from your post's that Ive read from past to present. It would be hard pressed for anybody to convince me it was you in that video! That being said. The title is "Tree Felling Fail". If I understand the definition correctly? That title couldn't possibly be any more misconstrued! The actions in that video do not at all belong in the category, or under the topic of Tree Felling/Timber Falling. 🤣🤣 That video should be filed under the "Bush Wacking" section! 😉

Cut safe, stay sharp, and be aware!👍

He's still cleaning up after greasing his Skiddy, he got it from the neck down.....

Actually, I'm betting he took a boat ride he wasn't expcting, but couldn't turn down.
Funny you say that, because on the way back to Kodiak from Homer. The state ferry M/V Tustemena got caught in a little squall last night that I was not really expecting. However, I could have taken the next ferry (Friday), but I couldn't turn down the opportunity to get back home fir my birthday!😉👍

The 400 is a good runner, mine never disappoints me. I'm generally running shallower rakers, but I'm also pulling a 28".

BTW, did you check the squish after pulling the gasket? I'd have to go back and read my notes, but I remember my 400 being a little on the tight side for doing a base gasket delete.
It was close .018” after removal, it was .036” before if I remember correctly. I recall using a little extra Motoseal to assure the squish didn’t end up too small. You think I should make a base gasket from shim stock of a few thousands to get it to .020?
I hate to put the factory gasket back on because it sure did seem to give it some grunt. But I also don’t want to damage a newer great running saw either. So is .018” too tight?

It was close .018” after removal, it was .036” before if I remember correctly. I recall using a little extra Motoseal to assure the squish didn’t end up too small. You think I should make a base gasket from shim stock of a few thousands to get it to .020?
I hate to put the factory gasket back on because it sure did seem to give it some grunt. But I also don’t want to damage a newer great running saw either. So is .018” too tight?
Shim stock=beer can, right:cool:? Do you think the base gasket delete was worth it? I might do it to my 400 if it made a big difference.

I discovered why I was having to pull way too many times to start the MS400. Ffarmer called this morning, had some Poplar rounds ready to be picked up. That stuff was too heavy to lift so pulled he 400 out and proceeded to do the usual pull, pull, pull and so forth until I had to take a break (about 8 pulls). Farmer picked it up and did the usual 'Throw it away"start and it fired right up. I spotted the truouble. I was only getting two compressions per pull while a full pull does three. I doubt I'll ever be able to do a full pull on it but can live with when I have been doing. I've never tried the throwaway method but will give it s ahot. I doubt if I can accomplish that

Funny you say that, because on the way back to Kodiak from Homer. The state ferry M/V Tustemena got caught in a little squall last night that I was not really expecting. However, I could have taken the next ferry (Friday), but I couldn't turn down the opportunity to get back home fir my birthday!😉👍
Have a good one.

I discovered why I was having to pull way too many times to start the MS400. Ffarmer called this morning, had some Poplar rounds ready to be picked up. That stuff was too heavy to lift so pulled he 400 out and proceeded to do the usual pull, pull, pull and so forth until I had to take a break (about 8 pulls). Farmer picked it up and did the usual 'Throw it away"start and it fired right up. I spotted the truouble. I was only getting two compressions per pull while a full pull does three. I doubt I'll ever be able to do a full pull on it but can live with when I have been doing. I've never tried the throwaway method but will give it s ahot. I doubt if I can accomplish that
Sounds like you might benefit from putting a cold saw on the ground, standing on the handle, and then pull. Once it's warmed up a pull from a leg lock should be fine.

On my Husqvarna 368/272XP upgrade my squish is .017. The saw runs just fine. Good thing it has a decomp on it. It's a biatch to pull otherwise. I damn near pulled my shoulder off the other day firing it up because I forgot that it now had one.

Back