Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have craiglist eye, it doesn't seem to be curable :cool:.
Probably looks a lot like my basement, it would make a good pickers show lol.
It's hilarious when people who know anything about "stuff" get down there, and about as funny when those who don't see it all :laughing: .
Speaking of craigslist, just found this sweet pellet stove :laugh: .

View attachment 1086719
CED not to be confused with CAD. Many of us have both.

It's hilarious when people who know anything about "stuff" get down there, and about as funny when those who don't see it all :laughing: .

View attachment 1086719

View attachment 1086719
Here's a few pics of some of my auction junk from a few years back....white phone 3608499287 147.jpgwhite phone 3608499287 148.jpgphone 235.jpgphone 241.jpgphone 242.jpg

Hey, tread lightly there... :muscle: Thing 1 is my daughter, in reference to The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Suess. Fortunately for me and my sanity, she does not have wild blue hair.

I thought you were referring to your wheelbarrow, you consider it one of your children right?

Weather continues to be rubbish here. Not a massive rain event but 4 days of continuous misty rain followed by drizzle followed by misty drizzle and has only been broken up by drizzly rain. We currently seem to have mizzle. Looks like we have another 4 days of it too.

I went out before and split enough scrounged peppermint to fill the current row in the shed but apart from that I was just getting wet and making a muddy mess so I thought I should come inside to complain about it. And here I am. :nofunny:

To be continued...
Loads 6 and 7 (load 7 was a little light, but i had everything i could get from that pile.)
20230530_192043.jpg20230530_204758.jpg
Probably get two more loads and then he is going to wait on his BIL to decide what he wants from the second pile. Which means I may get invited back for more anyway.

And... to be continued...

Went to pick up a dead 455 husky today...CL, $50. Get there and the guy runs a tree service and his saw shop didn't want to track down the air leak..."buy a new saw." I hate that...understand it but hate it.
Asked him if he'd rather have it fixed..."he'll, yes! I love this saw!".
So, paid him the $50 and I'll figure out what's wrong with it and get back to him. I fix it...get my $50 back and charge him for any parts. Can't fix it for what he wants to spend, I keep it.
He gave me a 026 Pro that has been dead for years to play with after that. It has great comp.
met a new tree guy...a good day 😁.

I have a 20 and a 25 for my ms460. Thought the longer bar would be the bee's knees but I really like the 20. The 25 makes it nose heavy enough to feel it and it balances perfectly with the 20. But when the big wood calls, you have to answer!
Put a lightweight bar on it and balance it out.

View attachment 1086719
I stopped looking at Craigslist.... too many "deals" were found and too many other things were apparently made of gold... I've been getting rid of stuff--good things my sons stop by. 😉

Anyone have thoughts on a Kubota b9200?
Contemplating one.
Should be a 80's-90's production, like 22 engine hp. (Ish) Capable tractors. Basically a older version of my B7510. If it's anything like other kubotas from that time frame it should be pretty stout and parts shouldn't be an issue so long as you don't mind the high price the kubota name commands.

I have a 20 and a 25 for my ms460. Thought the longer bar would be the bee's knees but I really like the 20. The 25 makes it nose heavy enough to feel it and it balances perfectly with the 20. But when the big wood calls, you have to answer!
I ran a 25" on my MS461 for 7 years... I recently moved that bar to my MS661 and put the 20" that came with the 661 on the 461. I was given 3 NIB Stihl Rapid Super chains for a 20" bar (plus the one that came with the 661) so it was a reasonable thing to try.... It turned out the 20 on the 461 is a very useful set up and the balance is nice. When I need more bar it probably means I also need more power so the 661 comes out. I've had a 36" bar and chains for years and have not used the bar for anything but milling with rip chains. The "cross cut" chains are still NIB. This is because I haven't found a local tree yet that needed more than a 25" bar--though it may not reach all the way across.

I ran a 25" on my MS461 for 7 years... I recently moved that bar to my MS661 and put the 20" that came with the 661 on the 461. I was given 3 NIB Stihl Rapid Super chains for a 20" bar (plus the one that came with the 661) so it was a reasonable thing to try.... It turned out the 20 on the 461 is a very useful set up and the balance is nice. When I need more bar it probably means I also need more power so the 661 comes out. I've had a 36" bar and chains for years and have not used the bar for anything but milling with rip chains. The "cross cut" chains are still NIB. This is because I haven't found a local tree yet that needed more than a 25" bar--though it may not reach all the way across.
You obviously have no need for that 661. You should just send it to me 😁

Latest posts

Back