Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually only order a case or 2 at a time, they're pretty small overall, so I don't worry about it most times. But, if I'm here they don't make it out of the truck before I grab it off them. I don't want to have to lift it up from the ground if I don't have to, or I'd look like the guy in that meme, just a little thinner :laugh:.
There was a fairly long period of time when my two sons and I would go through 2-3 cases of shot shells in one session. My philosophy back then was for them to be worn out before we ran out of ammo and clays... .22s and .38 Special handguns were treated the same. I cannot imagine going through 500 - 750 rounds of factory ammo in one session today... especially the 28 gauge and .410. Lots of reloading over the 51 years since I started!

Yeah, but it's the wrong yr handle 😆.
Got my new to me jred a bit of dust on it. First time out with her so I took it easy on her. Dropped a nice little pine at a buddies, limbed it, bucked it up and flush cut it. I'll help him split if for his bonfire pit later and I'll grind the stump. One more to go in his back yard, may grab a 60cc saw for that. Unfortunately I can't have a fire at the moment because it's real windy here now :crazy2: .
Not sure if this is more of an @Logger nate move, or backyard lumberjack lol.

There was a fairly long period of time when my two sons and I would go through 2-3 cases of shot shells in one session. My philosophy back then was for them to be worn out before we ran out of ammo and clays... .22s and .38 Special handguns were treated the same. I cannot imagine going through 500 - 750 rounds of factory ammo in one session today... especially the 28 gauge and .410. Lots of reloading over the 51 years since I started!
I don't got thru that much very often, now if you include my buddies, it would go a bit over that. They also like the tannerite(or tangerine if you're spellchecker). I like fires and shooting things that blow up, but I'm cheap 😉.

Yeah, but it's the wrong yr handle 😆.
Got my new to me jred a bit of dust on it. First time out with her so I took it easy on her. Dropped a nice little pine at a buddies, limbed it, bucked it up and flush cut it. I'll help him split if for his bonfire pit later and I'll grind the stump. One more to go in his back yard, may grab a 60cc saw for that. Unfortunately I can't have a fire at the moment because it's real windy here now :crazy2: .
Not sure if this is more of an @Logger nate move, or backyard lumberjack lol.

If you can find me period correct, let me know, 👍😆 266 full wraps are kinda rare,

You know I know, just gotta give you a hard time.
Maybe you could use a 372oe wrap instead of the xtorq. Bummer is, those aren't easy to find either.
View attachment 1171133
Exactly, not easy to find, and the price is right, sill eye balling that roll of X-cut , 😝

Got this done this evening after messing with the 1-76 a bit. (Even got it to fire off for a little bit!.) Yes the tubes are to grade, that's just how much back fill I'm going to need. The one at the back of the shop I sank into the hill 4 feet and still have about 3 feet of tube above grade. Tell ya what, taping sona tubes together is a pain in the rump! Gonna give it about an hour then run the trowel over the tops again and call it done.
Wife is egging me to go to a bow shoot tomorrow, so I guess it will be good to let them sit till Sunday to set the posts in them. I'll need to test down the front half of the wood shed at this point anyway to get the timbers for the head boards anyway. Hopefully I'll have made some good progress till the weekend is over.

Attachments

• 20240419_190141.jpg
    20240419_190141.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Got this done this evening after messing with the 1-76 a bit. (Even got it to fire off for a little bit!.) Yes the tubes are to grade, that's just how much back fill I'm going to need. The one at the back of the shop I sank into the hill 4 feet and still have about 3 feet of tube above grade. Tell ya what, taping sona tubes together is a pain in the rump! Gonna give it about an hour then run the trowel over the tops again and call it done.
Wife is egging me to go to a bow shoot tomorrow, so I guess it will be good to let them sit till Sunday to set the posts in them. I'll need to test down the front half of the wood shed at this point anyway to get the timbers for the head boards anyway. Hopefully I'll have made some good progress till the weekend is over.
Glad to see you have a chair there so you can take a break. :yes:

Well, the log pile is bigger than I expected. And there's another pile next to it. And a few more older piles if I really got ambitious.
Load 1:
20240419_185205.jpg
Barely made a dent - the close pile is probably 6' tall, 20' wide, and 20' long. Mostly oak, with cherry, maple, and a few others. Looks like I'll be busy this week.
20240419_185156.jpg

Back