Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered that saw start or August, said it would be ready in October. It actually arrived mid January but given that you had warned me what to expect I wasn’t worried. I’ll be running a 28” and 36” both light bars. The super dense desert species burn very hot, you have to be careful or your firebox will be toast. Iron bark is probably the best wood due to the low ash content.

My piccy no worky?

I don't get it. This site worked perfectly well 12 months ago then they mucked around with it and completely effed it up. Why? There was no need it was great as it was.

The only problem I have with this site is it occasionally doesn’t send me post notifications.

Every forum seems to update wether or not it’s needed.

My piccy no worky?

I don't get it. This site worked perfectly well 12 months ago then they mucked around with it and completely effed it up. Why? There was no need it was great as it was.
They had to update servers in hopes that it wouldn’t crash as much. Doesn’t appear to have helped much.

Morning guys.

I think I’m going to work on cleaning the shop garage today. Yesterday’s snow is now frozen outside so not much happening till ma nature thaws it out.

I’ve got 4 saws from friends in the shop waiting on repair that I need to get started on as well. Homelite XL needing fuel lines, Jonsered 2054 needing AV mount and ???, Jonsered 2159 needing av mount and new tank, and a 2145 needing a top end.

All destin for firewood or do you turn any into fence posts?
Just firewood for now. I wish I had a BSM, at the same time I don't have a good spot for it, but if someone gave me one I bet I could find a place :).
I'm going to try and keep my locust all in stick form except what I cut to put in the woodshed. I have a yr+ in there now, and 2-3 yrs of splits in the new pile. I still have one more stick from that stem and then two more stems there. He has a few more he wants me to take down that have more straight wood I may try to get some boards or 4x4's out of, the was one log that looked good once it was cut :rare2:, that's how it goes sometimes.

My piccy no worky?

I find that if you don't allow each pic to load before selecting the next one they won't work. Also you can't select full image all and then hit post right away, you have to wait until the pictures show up in the post(the one your making) before hitting post reply.
It takes a lot more time and doesn't always work right.
They had to update servers in hopes that it wouldn’t crash as much. Doesn’t appear to have helped much.
That sounds like a load of crap if @Darin said that.
Opeforum is alive and well and they're still running the setup that AS used to have. Maybe they should update to that, oh wait...

I find that if you don't allow each pic to load before selecting the next one they won't work. Also you can't select full image all and then hit post right away, you have to wait until the pictures show up in the post(the one your making) before hitting post reply.
It takes a lot more time and doesn't always work right.

That sounds like a load of crap if @Darin said that.
Opeforum is alive and well and they're still running the setup that AS used to have. Maybe they should update to that, oh wait...
Kiss the ring forum is only 6 years old though. Lots less bandwidth plus didn’t have to pipe in 15 years worth of data from the previous forum.

Lots of long shipping/ delivery times being blamed on COVID. I’m waiting to hear, ‘Yeah we shipped that; it should be in the Suez Canal right about now . . . ‘

Philbert
our Amazon Prime shipping has been continually on schedule, 'delivered as promised'. :)

Used the Echo 271 last weekend. Not much though, we were mostly digging, removing weeds, and moving rocks.

Heres a before.
View attachment 897452

After.
View attachment 897453

We didn’t get a before here. This spot was completely blocked, and still needs to be cleared wider. We ran out of time. The retired ranger used it here, she called it a fun little saw. And she didn’t hesitate to carry it back since it’s so light. You can see poison oak in front of her feet.
View attachment 897454
swell country & pix! imo....definitely a great lil saw! i sure like mine.... :numberone:
P7080008.JPGP7080009.JPG

:chainsaw:

3 more weeks of 'do nothing' and then I can get back on the saws. Passed my 86th birthday a few days ago. I never expected to be able to swing saws at this age!!. I have 3 different places to cut on this year. Not much wood in them, just cleaning up the deadfall, etc in two of them and 3 standing dead to fall and pile for burning. I for sure don't need any more wood but I will get a bit. It is the work I am after to keep me in some sorta shape. Recovery from the spinal surgery going well, no problems so far, no pain anywhere and mobility is back. I do need to get out for some serious walking but the weather has been just one windy (cold) day after another. Gusts to 60 predicted for tomorrow and temps down in low 40s.
good for you tk! ~ i am just hoping to be around here lol for # 86! just being able to start one of mine would be a bonus! to use it, too.... omg: priceless

lol ;)

keep up the good work!! :yes:

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Us younger guys look up to fellas such as yourself with awe and respect!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
hi JJ - u r right! Us younger guys.... lol ;) :rolleyes:

he is an inspiration for sure. to tk: :cheers:

Fella said he’s going to use it for his chicken coop and wood stove....never thought of marketing noodles until someone on a Firewood page on FB mentioned it. No complaints here.....
i marketed pine needles some time back. CL ad... 'Free Pine Needles'. had some show ups. even some help. then the Pine Needle lady showed up... couple years ago. said wanted all i could provide. ever since... they have taken all! and now we have some swell friends, get some nice yard eggs... and she sends over or drops off some great baked goods, too! such a deal!! :) i used to put out over 85 bags of pine needles on street 3 times a year... they came over yesterday and picked up 3 big bins of pine needles. they won't help rake them up... lol, but who cares. i would have to rake them up even if i used bio bags... so I don't mind doing the raking. besides, always good exercise and goes well with a cold :givebeer: !

Managed to get me a few new logs next door, just had to drop a few trees:chainsaw:.
First one in the cluster of three.
View attachment 897538
Then this one.
Had to save out the evergreen. Yesterday he said it didn't matter, his wife said it did, I liked it myself(as long as it stays at his house lol). And avoid hitting his hop poles:oops:. There was a branch sticking out on that side of the tree and bit of a crook in the tree. Honestly, I'm surprised I got it in there without damaging either.
Kind of a long haul to the front yard, you can see our home there :).
View attachment 897539
This one was leaning over his fruit trees, I used the skidding winch to hold the hinge. I should have taken a picture of the crack down this one, it was pretty long(7-8'?) between the two stems.
View attachment 897540
Got these seven 8' logs out from the one stem, still got the other two laying there for pickup later.
Kidos liked the stump.
View attachment 897541
View attachment 897544
wow - big stump! almost a jungle gym....

Latest posts

Back