Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind the gun talk much. It's such a different culture here there's some interest for me in that it shines a light on some US culture I have no understanding of. The more detailed stuff I tend to skip over.
It does keep the chatter going though, thread has been slow on scrounging for a while now. Seems many of us have been busy on other stuff

I don't mind the gun talk much. It's such a different culture here there's some interest for me in that it shines a light on some US culture I have no understanding of. The more detailed stuff I tend to skip over.
It does keep the chatter going though, thread has been slow on scrounging for a while now. Seems many of us have been busy on other stuff
Yes any more just finding guns and ammo is a scrounge all by its self.
I have been very busy here lately. Between getting the roof done, helping my cousin at his shop, my own vehicles showing their age, work and 2 young kids, doesn't allow for a lot of time in the woods or working in saws. I do have my second 562xp more or less back together, just have the muffler to mod yet and then get her going. Not looking like that is on the horizon for the time being. Its getting hot out around here as well, and that never helps much either lol.

I was awoken to the sound of a porcupine on my deck at dawn, chewing on my furniture. It wasn’t their first visit, but it was their last.
Did you say something badazz when you dispatched him? Like "say hello to my little friend" or "you're the disease and I'm the cure" or "my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die" ??? Or was it anticlimactic?

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Did you say something badazz when you dispatched him? Like "say hello to my little friend" or "you're the disease and I'm the cure" or "my name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die" ??? Or was it anticlimactic?

Or maybe,
Die, you prick!

I've gotten a bit of scrounge wood myself, it's been much different than the HVBW craigslist scores though.
Did some scrounging at a house yrs ago and he called me to do some more, never asked if I had insurance or anything like that, he did however tell me I had to remove all the brush and even the stump :surprised3::lol:.
I did get a few pieces of hard maple, brush for the bonfire(already had a nice fire with it, may have another this weekend with the cooler temps), some very nice mulch(a 4'x8' trailer load and a 6.5'x14') for the wife gardening, and a bunch of :envy:, can you believe that, getting paid to scrounge :).
Just need to repair the main sprinkler supply line, drop some topsoil and seed on it and grab my last little load of debris.
Screen Shot 2021-05-25 at 6.07.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-25 at 6.10.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-25 at 6.11.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-05-27 at 7.57.24 AM.png

How long does it take to drive to where the concentration of buildings is?
That’s Boise, it’s 14 miles, takes over 1/2 hr after dodging all the bicyclers :surprised3:.
My camper is just down the road behind locked gate on private property where we are logging. View north from camper (Boise is south)0CB22DCE-48AE-47B1-9B1D-4DAFF2E40174.jpeg
Home is about 25 miles in straight line, center left (2hr drive) .
WestDE4A4812-8DF5-4084-BBC5-9F36CB6D1BA3.jpeg
If you look closely there is actually firewood in the back of my pickup ;)

It was cloudy yesterday when we could have seen it, but last night the moon was bright as could be, it was beautiful.
Yep, same here - beautiful moon and clear sky the day before and after, but cloud cover 50 ft above the trees the morning of the eclipse.

Or maybe,
Die, you prick!
Didn’t say anything, just shot em.
Didn’t want to risk her running under the deck and get under the cabin.

Up at the cabin, we shoot porky's on sight. They are so destructive it is hard to believe.

W/O cement board all around the perimeter, they would chew through my cabin walls.

If you leave a vehicle up there, they will eat radiator hoses, brake lines and tires!

Not to mention, it is horrific if your dog finds one. Only way to get the quills out is to bring it to the Vet and have them knock the dog out.

My camper is just down the road

If you look closely there is actually firewood in the back of my pickup ;)

I think we have regional terminology differences again.

This is a camper.
9C99A28A-271B-4E79-953E-1488BD1848C8.jpeg

I think you’re talking travel trailer.

I think we have regional terminology differences again.

This is a camper.
View attachment 909466

I think you’re talking travel trailer.
No this is a camper9A35B909-4298-4F60-8FFB-7A84D99B7EC1.jpegIts not traveling;):laugh:
Seems like people around here used to call them travel trailers now they call them campers, not sure what happened, lol.

Campers go on trucks a la camper shells, travel trailers get towed behind vehicles, rv's are self-propelled. Note: A travel trailer that comes off of your ball hitch on a downhill grade is not an rv. Also, @Logger nate has the best looking obs Ford I've seen, possibly even the coolest looking Ford I've seen period.

Back