Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was putting wood in the woodshed last week there were some pieces of red oak, it reminded me one of the reasons I like black locust so much :sweet:.
I'd pay for it if the deal was right, getting wood is a lot of work.
A lot of hard work? Trying to cut 50 cords to replace the 50+ cords I sold each year. I cut a mix of hardwoods, white oak, red oak, hickory, birch, maples, choke cherry, ect.

Squeezed out another load of oak. Should be at least another load depending on how many projects I make out of what is left.
20210728_105829.jpg
Also split and stacked a few misshapen rounds that have been sitting near the stacks for a while and piled the unsplittables chunks in my overnight burn stack. Still have a fairly large pile of pine/spruce rounds to deal with.

Squeezed out another load of oak. Should be at least another load depending on how many projects I make out of what is left.
View attachment 920923
Also split and stacked a few misshapen rounds that have been sitting near the stacks for a while and piled the unsplittables chunks in my overnight burn stack. Still have a fairly large pile of pine/spruce rounds to deal with.
Nice.
Doing lots of cookie cutting, where's the videos:chainsaw:.
Saw this down your way last night, figured one of us should grab it to spice things up in here a bit :laugh:.

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 2.41.10 PM.png

Nice.
Saw this down your way last night, figured one of us should grab it to spice things up in here a bit :laugh:.

View attachment 920941
Videos? Like a lot of stuff... that's really not my thing.

You found an enclosed wheelbarrow? Now that I could be interested in for doing firewood in the rain! LOL

Box elder, ugh. There are even woods that I don't like. Basically I got this a while ago just to get some of the blood red rounds for project wood.
20210728_141824.jpg20210728_135333.jpg
Then picked up a couple of smaller pine rounds to move to the pine stack. 20210728_140219.jpg
It's a warm one today fellas. Make sure you're staying hydrated if you're working outside.

Videos? Like a lot of stuff... that's really not my thing.

You found an enclosed wheelbarrow? Now that I could be interested in for doing firewood in the rain! LOL
An inclosed wheelbarrow :lol: .
We saw a nice concrete hauler on tracks today coming home, the boy says, look dad a powered wheelbarrow. Whenever the boy asks me what I want him to make out of ken'x, I always say a powered wheelbarrow lol.
Just snagged this up today, an enclosed tent, I'm gonna try and get it un-sticky :laugh:.
Is this what you were thinking I could put at your place:cheers:.
Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 10.12.31 AM.png

Box elder, ugh. There are even woods that I don't like. Basically I got this a while ago just to get some of the blood red rounds for project wood.
View attachment 920942View attachment 920944
Then picked up a couple of smaller pine rounds to move to the pine stack. View attachment 920943
It's a warm one today fellas. Make sure you're staying hydrated if you're working outside.
Wait, pine and box elder :surprised3:.
Now I like stacking seasoned box elder:muscle::laughing:.

An inclosed wheelbarrow :lol: .
We saw a nice concrete hauler on tracks today coming home, the boy says, look dad a powered wheelbarrow. Whenever the boy asks me what I want him to make out of ken'x, I always say a powered wheelbarrow lol.
Just snagged this up today, an enclosed tent, I'm gonna try and get it un-sticky :laugh:.
Is this what you were thinking I could put at your place:cheers:.
View attachment 920945
Oh yeah, that's nice. That will really class up the Sanford and Son motif I have going on at my place.

Nice.

View attachment 920941
If I still had the Montana SV6 ...
Be close to a cord Lol

My mom and dads neighbor had a huge willow oak cut down in her backyard. The company asked if they could put the crane in my folks backyard. Dad said yes if he could have some of the wood. I was working and wasn't there.IMG_0493(1).jpgIMG_0502.jpgIMG_0494.jpgIMG_0520(1).jpg
My brother and I will cut and split it soon. I told my dad he should have got the limbs too, but the neighbor wanted them for mulch. When I came and saw the logs I told dad like the quote from Jaws " we're gonna need a bigger saw" lol. I'm sure my MS291 20" can cut them logs and my brother has a MS362.

Latest posts

Back