Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I am old and curmudgeonly and set in my ways... you know, like Fred. But I have been called a big dummy too. So I could play either part.

How well can you swing a purse?
I hear you there.
As far as the purse swinging, just depends on how heavy the purse is I guess :lol: .
Did I miss any deals down your way.
Bought this last night, not sure how I'm getting it home:laughing:.
Now I should find a great deal on a nice trailer I don't need to work on :laugh:.
Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 1.51.27 PM.png

Here's what I want it to look like when it's done, but with a bumper pull instead of 5th wheel. Although I don't think I'll be able to do the ramps quite like this style $$$. Or maybe I could weld a 5th wheel setup on top of the excursion :oops:.

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 1.54.48 PM.png

I hear you there.
As far as the purse swinging, just depends on how heavy the purse is I guess :lol: .
Did I miss any deals down your way.
Bought this last night, not sure how I'm getting it home:laughing:.
Now I should find a great deal on a nice trailer I don't need to work on :laugh:.
View attachment 921081

Here's what I want it to look like when it's done, but with a bumper pull instead of 5th wheel. Although I don't think I'll be able to do the ramps quite like this style $$$. Or maybe I could weld a 5th wheel setup on top of the excursion :oops:.

View attachment 921082
Chop the top and bolt the hitch down, your kids would love it!

Chop the top and bolt the hitch down, your kids would love it!
Of course I already found another trailer :laugh: . It actually has a 5th wheel on it in the pictures lol.
Back in the day I used to cruse around with my best friend in his chevy blazer without the top on it, we had a blast when it wasn't stuck.
I saw one listed today that was on 44's iirc, his was on 38's, the one today was huge.

I find the anti diesel crowd funny, I think the only reason larger gas trucks exist is fleet customers like uhaul and such. I’m in the mindset of a 3/4+ ton truck shouldn’t have spark plugs lol. No matter what you say the downside of the diesel is, it all comes back around on the resale side. A used gas truck of that caliber isn’t worth anything near what a diesel is.

My best friend ordered and bought a 6.2 f250 a few years ago and I mess with him every chance I get. He expects it at this point but recently he was going on a trip so he was checking fluids and such. I looked under the hood and said oh ****. He freaks out and says what!? I said man this thing is all sorts of messed up, it has spark plugs! Haha, he was kinda pissed at that one.

I see both sides of the argument. I’m glad that they are finally doing smaller diesels for light duty trucks. That should have been done 20 years ago.
I agree but the American market doesn’t love diesels. I doubt Toyota will ever bring one here but it would be awesome to have a smaller diesel t4r or taco and a diesel tundra to compete with the big 3.

I agree but the American market doesn’t love diesels. I doubt Toyota will ever bring one here but it would be awesome to have a smaller diesel t4r or taco and a diesel tundra to compete with the big 3.
The market loves diesels. Doesn’t love the price increase. Plus now with the big discrepancy in price between gas and diesel fuel, the savings due to mileage is gone.

The market loves diesels. Doesn’t love the price increase. Plus now with the big discrepancy in price between gas and diesel fuel, the savings due to mileage is gone.
I disagree, The original attempts at the older diesels were not successful. Most people think they’re loud, slow and stinky machines. Most people view them as dump trucks, trash trucks, etc or rednecks that want to cover the world in black smoke.

Toyota won’t do it here because of our bs emissions.

Fuel savings are not the only advantage, They last a lot longer too. Until all these newer turbo gas engines diesels are much more enjoyable to daily drive too. Aside from the mileage you couldn’t beat the low end shove. I think Gm is the only one that got the 1/2 ton diesel right being an in-line 6. Time will tell.

I disagree, The original attempts at the older diesels were not successful. Most people think they’re loud, slow and stinky machines. Most people view them as dump trucks, trash trucks, etc or rednecks that want to cover the world in black smoke.

Toyota won’t do it here because of our bs emissions.

Fuel savings are not the only advantage, They last a lot longer too. Until all these newer turbo gas engines diesels are much more enjoyable to daily drive too. Aside from the mileage you couldn’t beat the low end shove. I think Gm is the only one that got the 1/2 ton diesel right being an in-line 6. Time will tell.
But the original diesels in passenger vehicles were junk....remember the Oldsmobile station wagons with the 350 gasser engine converted to diesel could hardly manage freeway speeds.

We have a 3500 Silverado dually with a 6.0.
I simply don't drive enough to justify a diesel.
Would love one, mostly for down hill engine breaking (Opps! 'engine braking') in hilly situations with the RV trailer.
It's a small 27' RV bumper pull, at 4,500 pounds, so we get by pretty good.
But we very rarely drive hills.
I would love to try towing with the newer Ford 10 speed transmission.
Everything I do is pretty light duty.
Love the 2011 Silverado.
We are fortunate to have what we have with the crazy prices the days.

What I did learn buying the bumper pull dump trailer is that I overlooked tongue weight.
I have 820 pounds tongue weight empty.
Had I'd known that, and it never entered my mind to dig up that number, the additional $1,800 for a gooseneck would be a know brainer.

IMG_4986.jpg

Back