Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. . . are you talking in terms of value for money or . . .
I guess I should touch on this just a little bit more. I have seen several posts where guys talk about buying a $100 ‘clone’ grinder, and then buying (2), $100 CBN wheels. Total $300.

I much rather see them buy a good quality grinder with the good quality A/O wheels, in the $200 -$300 range. Much better value.

Philbert

20210805_204941.jpg20210805_202155.jpg20210805_200453.jpg
Seems like I cut lots of poles and small rounds off the pile, but only ended up with three loads. I guess it goes a little faster when I use the green wheelbarrow. There is a small stack of cherry and a bunch of larger rounds, plus a petty good stack of logs yet. Have a few to clear from the trailer then back for the last load hopefully tomorrow.

View attachment 922481View attachment 922482View attachment 922483
Seems like I cut lots of poles and small rounds off the pile, but only ended up with three loads. I guess it goes a little faster when I use the green wheelbarrow. There is a small stack of cherry and a bunch of larger rounds, plus a petty good stack of logs yet. Have a few to clear from the trailer then back for the last load hopefully tomorrow.
Nice loads on the trailer and the green power wheelbarrow :rock:.
I made a new best friend today too, they offered to pay me to take some mulberry away from their property, I get to keep the brush and all :happy: :laugh:.
And since you wouldn't sell me that trailer :p I've been working on my own beast of a trailer lol. Today we got the frame mostly cleaned off, Not sure when I'll get a chance to get after it again as I'd like to clean up the mulberry as quick as possible.
It's still a 5th wheel, until the next time I'm there!
Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 10.32.29 PM.png

That's a nice bunch of fish there. I personally don't eat bass but I know they can be good. My grandpa kept and ate them all the time. Maybe the fish I got was 4 to 5 lbs. I don't carry a scale so I'm just guessing. It was a nice solid fish. The bass in Green Bay have some shoulders with the abundant and easy to get forage. I should have a scale on the boat. That way I'm not just telling fish stories! :cheers:
i got into some fresh salmon yesterday... shop would have skinned it, but i said nbd. did descale the bigger pces... but no prob. i have plenty experience at that! lol many days past times... a load of croppie... and headed to the dinner fry pan... and all needed to be cleaned, prepped to include off witht the scales...
P1010003.JPG

View attachment 922481View attachment 922482View attachment 922483
good load! got around to moving some oak firewood i had DIY scrounged bit ago... when tree crew came in at ranch and helped thin out some oaks etc around the place... then after, duh~... greased all the bucket points zerks with new lock on tip. nice! would have moved wood sooner, but had to decide where... and just some more in barn din't excite me...
P1010092.JPG

Yeah, the blue power wheelbarrow is a lot easier than your normal orange two wheeler for neighborhood scrounging!
i have several (3) prime movers... :) all require elbow grease if you know what i mean! lol... sadly no zerks for that grease job... well, maybe :givebeer:

my orange prime mover (mostly DIY powered!) lol... isn't too bad, actually. especially if in hurry... just load the CG right and like a good cold :cheers:

is a piece a cake! ez walk in...

Well, Mechanic Matt wants to shoot my Lever guns tomorrow, and I played with the back peep sight on my 348, so I had to go to the range today and make sure it is still on.

Not bad for no scope ... 2 shots 7/8" apart, I'll take that any day!

Attachments

• Target348Win-8-6-2021.pdf
    139.9 KB · Views: 8
Well NUTS!!!. A full month of almost unbearable temps. Going out every few days early to beat the heat, cut a few hours and back home with a dinky load. Today the first real cool day so the plan was to remove a big tree down on a freinds pasture fence. Work about 4 hours...yes, I still can but it is pushing it hard, 3 hours is my norm now. Anyhow get out there, chop off all the small stuff with the 193, fire up the ms263, make two cuts in a big branch and throw the chain. No big deal, Onto the tailgate to discover it was my screwup. I sharpened chains last night and only tightened one bar nut. Next discovery was that the little bitty long adjusting screw as now broken.

Okay, back to the house after only 1 hour productive work, Grab coffee jug, bag cookies hop in care and off to the only dealer that will do small jobs like that for 'walk-ins'. 30 miles later arrive and immediately do a 180 back to he house where I now grab the saw. Back to the dealer and he fixes the screw and removes a DL from two overlong chains, jug of bar oil $36.00.

Tomorrow hopefully a better day and I may remember to engage my brain. Off to the small locust scrounge. I have one downer and 3 dead standing nice size locust waiting. I should finish the downer and perhaps fell and brush one of the others.

Latest posts

Back