Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Collected the top a broken hickory today. Gonna have to get creative to get the rest of it as it’s broken about 12’ from the stump. Plenty of good Zogger wood.
3074d8de905c4ed053923fb1ca522930.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well guys, got robbed today. 026,261 462 and my dewalt miter saw. Got the Stihl serial #s already on the Stihl stolen saw list. I don't lock my shop during the day as it is only 75 feet from the house but the boss didn't see anyone and she usually does. **** happens and the saws can be replaced.

Sorry to hear that, it’s kinda hard to like a post like that. At least everyone is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday was first day out with the 441. I had forgotten what a hungry beast that thing is for wood. Cuts so fast it takes 2 men and a boy to keep up. I was using a 20" bar and got the tree down to the main stem pluss the crown where the branches radiated out. I'll hit that with the 441/24" tomorrow and then switch back to a 20" for aobut 20' of around 2' rounds. Probably be back to a 24" to finish the log pluss the 32" to cut the ugly stump down look good. It's a real mess as it split half way down the stem with multiple little stems that came off it.

This a "clean up" project for an absentee landlord. Hasn't been touched in over 100 years - looks like a jungle once one gets inside all the edge brush. Just something to keep me occupied and sorta in shape for a few more years.
pics please

A little careful reading seems to show the it's 10K off total cost (seems reasonable for 26% tax break). Down about 10K seems to work with the math.
Yes I did misread the post. I just got home from a weekend trip and was tired. Trying to catch up. I inserted a "to" when I read the statement.

".... so takes system cost down [to] about $10k....."

Thanks for correcting me.

There are some logs at the cabin that I want to get bucked up before winter so I might do that on Sunday. I literally haven’t ran a chainsaw since April or May. Must be a record for me.
Don't worry, it's just like riding a bike lol.
Great pictures.
How big is that rock, is that paint on it.

Glad you like the new saw, hope you get some of the old ones back soon!

Now stop talking about it, I know they are nice saws, but I don't need one ... I don't need one ... I don't need one...
You DO need one, you DO need one, you DO need one. Lol

Latest posts

Back