Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get permission first? I didn’t know you lived right on the border, but you shouldn’t be going across and grabbing their trees.
No, I don't ask, they never asked me if they could dump their trash here ;).
His cut length is a little short...
Maybe, but I can split them with my bare hands :laugh: .
I'm out of sugar maple. Can I get a shipping quote to 55302?
You know what they say, "if you have to ask how much"...
I don't get a lot of it myself, most the sugar maple I cut are large hazard trees(near homes, barns, or rotten) and the owners just want them on the ground and they cut them up. I like those jobs lol.

This gizmo came in the mail today. ...On the wood lot superstaaaaar
I got a solar powered laser beam chainsaaaww!
f20b271e68630065c585d0a6af61908f.jpg
6eee50f6c865a268883e2e28dfac2d7b.jpg
c8328e45a3ae12b9fb8629707a9338e3.jpg
8bc2f6ad060029896335d6bcd93db520.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Hey all.

Doing some hunting tomorrow morning through mid day then heading to the “adult prom” event that the local watering hole is putting on. I asked one of my Facebook friends to join me and she accepted. I’ve not met her in person but she’s thin, cute, and blonde so I certainly could have done worse. Wish me luck!

Hey all.

Doing some hunting tomorrow morning through mid day then heading to the “adult prom” event that the local watering hole is putting on. I asked one of my Facebook friends to join me and she accepted. I’ve not met her in person but she’s thin, cute, and blonde so I certainly could have done worse. Wish me luck!
Good luck! Remember the crazy to hot matrix!;)

Also exciting…I put a deposit on a corgi puppy a while back and the litter was born today. My little girl is potentially in this pic.
View attachment 936392
If you've never had a Corgi, you're in for a treat!! Great little dogs, lots of personality and surprisingly intelligent.

Heard a strange noise in the neighborhood today, while walking the dog. Saw a utility contractor up in a bucket truck, a few hundred feet away, and first thought that he might be drilling anchors / eye bolts into a utility pole.
Then I saw branches falling.
He was using a battery powered chainsaw.
Did not want to interrupt, but pretty clear that we will be seeing more of them!

Philbert

I like Hickory.
We have some Bitternut here and it's great wood all around.
Good luck getting the rest and be safe.
Nice Honda by the way. I'd love one.

Thanks Marine. Also thanks on the SxS, it has really allowed me to make the most of my time when collecting firewood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard a strange noise in the neighborhood today, while walking the dog. Saw a utility contractor up in a bucket truck, a few hundred feet away, and first thought that he might be drilling anchors / eye bolts into a utility pole.
Then I saw branches falling.
He was using a battery powered chainsaw.
Did not want to interrupt, but pretty clear that we will be seeing more of them!

Philbert
A few months ago a crew from Davey came through, clearing under the PG&E lines. They spent a couple days hiking up the steep mountain from our place. They had battery Stihl saws. I could hear the saws quietly working away and then a loud crash when something fell.

I could get used to the quiet.

Back