Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems at times scrounging wood on this thread is 'off-topic!' lol.... :rolleyes:

picked up a walk-in scrounge yesterday. a cedar board and some campwood oak drop. the cedar fence board is nbd! but, alas! it is cedar, not pine... and will make some nice kindling. as for the campwood... stix or cords galore...we tend our fires one piece at a time... :popcorn2: will try to get some gennie scrounging firewood pix on it...

even fire up the lil brute... :chainsaw:, put a file to a camp axe... and make some kindling.

seems at times scrounging wood on this thread is 'off-topic!' lol.... :rolleyes:

picked up a walk-in scrounge yesterday. a cedar board and some campwood oak drop. the cedar fence board is nbd! but, alas! it is cedar not pine... and will make some nice kindling. as for the campwood... stix or cords galore...we tend our fires one piece at a time... :popcorn2: will try to get some gennie scrounging firewood pix on it...

even fire up the lil brute... :chainsaw:, put a file to a camp axe... and make some kindling...
How can you scrounge your wood if you don’t eat your fish…lol

Hernia surgery (right side this time, left was done about 30 years ago).

Broke down and took two extra strength Tylenol today, which reduced the discomfort a bit.

Have 3 black + blues, the one for the scope through the belly button is by far the worst.

I'm fine until I have to get up from the chair or out of the bed, and for some reason my left knee started acting up!

Luckily there is no pain lying down or sitting and walking and stairs are no problem. But putting sox on gets a little painful!

My brother cautioned me to go slow ... my father (who was very stubborn) had to have his re-done twice more after the initial operation - I don't want that!

On the other end of the scale, I get worried that I can't do the exercises for my back every morning. It is like a catch 22! And I hate being a couch potato!

I had my ultrasound yesterday, waiting for the surgical appointment now. I am NOT looking forward to being on restricted activity. I'm too active to just sit around. May have to take up walking again if that at leasst will be authorized.

Before I finished reading your post, I was going to suggest what I did. Took a tote and put a hip roof on it for all my nubbins. Yours is taller and easier to get into though.
View attachment 1003397
That looks like an IBC tote, we have them at work. The cage surrounds a plastic 400 gallon tank. If so that is a good scrounge.

You guys are making me hungry with all this fish talk. Never had the oportunity to try any of those mentioned. So, why don't you send me 10# of each fish and I'll tell you what my favorite is:).

I always use the cheap bar oil at the local farm store. Currently, they have Cam2 for $6/Gal and Xtreme (summer) for $7/Gal. Either of these any good?

You guys are making me hungry with all this fish talk. Never had the oportunity to try any of those mentioned. So, why don't you send me 10# of each fish and I'll tell you what my favorite is:).

I always use the cheap bar oil at the local farm store. Currently, they have Cam2 for $6/Gal and Xtreme (summer) for $7/Gal. Either of these any good?
Never used that brand but at $6 a gallon I'd be all over it.

Howdy

Been scrambling since returning from canoeing. A friend helped me re-organize my camping gear and except for sleeping bags I have all of it in clear bins now. So much more manageable when I can see what I have instead of shoved on shelves and in boxes.

One of the best weeks of summer up here, weather wise. Have been out on the lake for 5 of the last 6 sunsets.

I didn't read the last 11 pages, hopefully I did not miss anything monumental.

Over and out

Back