Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my mystery tree. May be box elder but usually see more pink in the core. Got 2 trailer loads of brush hauled off so far. I brought it home and am going to borrow my cousin's wood chipper and make some mulch. Still half the tree to cut, one half stem down and the one still standing that I'll fell one I get the other crap out of the way.....and hopefully cooler temps. Scattered rain today and a nice breeze but still swampy humidity.
IMG_20220724_121451.jpgIMG_20220724_121552.jpgIMG_20220724_124622.jpg

That's awesome. Would be awesome to have something like that here, I'd build a trout pond, I like trout. Now we're back on topic :lol:.
Trout pond? You mean like this one?

Farm-barn.png

We used to raise trout...

SR

This is my mystery tree. May be box elder but usually see more pink in the core. Got 2 trailer loads of brush hauled off so far. I brought it home and am going to borrow my cousin's wood chipper and make some mulch. Still half the tree to cut, one half stem down and the one still standing that I'll fell one I get the other crap out of the way.....and hopefully cooler temps. Scattered rain today and a nice breeze but still swampy humidity.
View attachment 1005202View attachment 1005204View attachment 1005205
Looks like box elder to me.

View attachment 1005202View attachment 1005204View attachment 1005205
Reminds me of basswood.

I ground 32 stumps with it one day, I try to sit a bit sideways. Anyway, I made back half of what I paid for the grinder, that day. lol

SR
I ground 32 stumps with it one day, I try to sit a bit sideways. Anyway, I made back half of what I paid for the grinder, that day. lol

SR
Dang, at $200 a pop…price around here…that’s a hellofa day 😁

Price around here for stump grinding …$200ea.
32 stumps? $6400…
The "free" state of Idaho don't sound as free as the name would imply :laugh:.
The prices I've heard are $3-4 an inch measured at the ground, obviously there are variables to consider such as distance to the job, how many stumps, are the stumps decomposing or harder woods, and are you just grinding, leaving the chips, raking chips, removing them and adding topsoil and seeding.

The "free" state of Idaho don't sound as free as the name would imply :laugh:.
The prices I've heard are $3-4 an inch measured at the ground, obviously there are variables to consider such as distance to the job, how many stumps, are the stumps decomposing or harder woods, and are you just grinding, leaving the chips, raking chips, removing them and adding topsoil and seeding.
Yea…same price back in Cali, SF Bay Area.
crazy

Price around here for stump grinding …$200ea.
32 stumps? $6400…
That WOULD be a pile of money!

The day I ground 32 stumps, I only charged for 26 of them. I felt like giving the guy a little break, as there were so many of them, and also the guy is a customer friend who keeps me busy with other tractor work.

SR

Back