Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d still do some personal investigating. Most of the time (at least around here), LEO aren’t very interested in following up on small time crime.
Lot's of locals on top of it. People are pizzed. The Stihl shop where the guy tried to sell the stolen backpack blower has pics and they have been posting on social media.

Super photo! You have an eye for a composition. Is it an expensive camera? Of that's just a phone camera then, double wow
Thanks Neil! Just a phone camera. Wish I could just do that full time (and cut firewood ;)) but seems like a flooded market.

Morning fellas,

Pics coming in a bit, neighbour had a very big peppermint come down and I'm giving him a hand. Going to stick a new full chisel chain on Limby and let him go to work. Try to contain your excitement, @H-Ranch :laugh:
Yeah, it sounds like a job for the wheelbarrow for sure! :clap:

Well while we are waiting for cowboys pictures.. and waiting….
I know, right? and waiting... I even had time to go split a few rounds. (If I let @Cowboy254 get too far ahead I'll never win this competition.) Still have lots to go. 20210924_193930.jpg20210924_193943.jpg

That's right, we went. Cowgirl has been showing some interest in scrounge assisting which is a Good Thing since loading up the ute/trailer is the bit I like least. As long as she doesn't start asking for her chainsaw back. My neighbour (Hugh) is 77 and he had a 70 year old friend there who was also a bit short on wood. The tree seemed to be almost all trunk with very few branches. Hugh got a cube or so out of the top the other day.

Here's the peppermint.

25th Sep 4.jpg

25th Sep 9.jpg

I did the easy bits first before working out what to do about the trunk which was mostly suspended. Used the 241 before switching up to the Limby. There wasn't much in between for the 460 to do today.

25th Sep 6.jpg

25th Sep 7.jpg

Cowgirl had a crack at splitting with the X27 and did a creditable job given she hasn't done a whole lot of it.

25th Sep 8.jpg

That's right, we went. Cowgirl has been showing some interest in scrounge assisting which is a Good Thing since loading up the ute/trailer is the bit I like least. As long as she doesn't start asking for her chainsaw back. My neighbour (Hugh) is 77 and he had a 70 year old friend there who was also a bit short on wood. The tree seemed to be almost all trunk with very few branches. Hugh got a cube or so out of the top the other day.

Here's the peppermint.

View attachment 931263

View attachment 931264
Nice! That’s a big tree!

Called it quits for the morning at this point. Hugh's mate took prolly 2 cubes, I took one. Hugh is going to take the rest.

25th Sep 2.jpg

There's stihl a fair bit left in the log, prolly another 30 feet or more.

25th Sep 3.jpg

25th Sep 1.jpg

There's also a couple of videos that Cowgirl took. Apparently there's this thing called 'Youtube' which can be used to play such things. I shall investigate this new technology.

Thanks for all the pics and vids, and it is great to have such nice help, put please tell Cowgirl that I cringe when I see her splitting w/o boots on, and although they would not look as nice, jeans also provide a bit more protection. It only takes one mistake to regret decisions made!

My Grandson wanted to split wood with sneakers up at the cabin, and I would not let him.

Latest posts

Back