Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of which, is @svk back from his date yet?
I am. We had a great time although with some gals it’s hard to tell how interested they are on the first date. We closed the night with a good hug which certainly isn’t a bad thing but doesn’t necessarily mean there’s a future either.

She was interacting with me on Facebook the next day so I’d say that’s a good sign. Also we found out at the dance that one of her good friends from elementary school is dating one of my good friends.

Finally ran saws on Sunday.

I literally hadn’t ran a saw since spring. Tried starting the 154 and broke the recoil. The only other functional saw I had at the cabin was a Poulan 4620 that seems to need a carb kit. After putting on a different b+c and more retuning I got it to cut a pickup load of wood. Was running out of time as I needed to meet a friend to pick up some furniture so had to boogie home, drop the wood, and run the truck through the car wash.

Frustrating to cut with a saw that doesn’t run perfect when I’ve got a dozen prime runners sitting at home but got the job done.

Nice fab

Looks good

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]🛻
Thanks man.
Looking good. part of me envies you for the space and part of me realizes I'd probably just fill it up. 40 years ago a 30 x 30 garage seemed quite spacious. Today I can hardly walk a path through parts of it. And, it's all "good" stuff or "too valuable" to just junk. I need to start selling some of it as the wife will just trash it if I go first. Has no idea what some of it's worth. Like the 10HP TroyBilt chipper/shredder she wanted to know why I don't drag to the end of the driveway so someone will take it. Reminded her we paid over 700 for it, has to be worth a reasonable amount.
Thanks.
Looking at the price of building one today may take some of the envy away :envy:.12k more for the basic shell minus the garage doors and the concrete since jan 2020, talk about inflation :oops:. Remember that's after waiting until it went "down".
I have a buddy who just retired, he's selling off about 80% of what's in his barn, he has a lot of that 'good" stuff. It really is nice stuff, he always bought the best. I want his older skid steer, but he's not letting that go.
What did your wife say when you told her you paid that much for the shredder. When I see them on Craigslist they usually are listed for 100-350, they all look real nice, like they were hardly used.
You should see how much "valuable" stuff fits in a 40x60 pole barn with a 30x40 cinder block attached shop will hold. :crazy2: And it only took me 30 years. :crazy2::crazy2:
That's what I'm shooting for:laughing:. There's a reason I didn't want 14' ceilings, I don't want anything that's too big, it will take up a lot of space quick and I don't think I'll be able to afford a bigger barn in the near future lol.

Hope you get your new saw(the titan) and addition, now I why you bought the gas can with the flippy cap adapter:cheers:.

Frustrating to cut with a saw that doesn’t run perfect when I’ve got a dozen prime runners sitting at home but got the job done.
That is a bummer.
Cant tell you how many times I get somewhere and people are running a saw that is dull or won't run right, of course I don't have a single saw or files with me because I brought the car and didn't know they were cutting :rare2:.
Sounds like you had a nice weekend though :).

That is a bummer.
Cant tell you how many times I get somewhere and people are running a saw that is dull or won't run right, of course I don't have a single saw or files with me because I brought the car and didn't know they were cutting :rare2:.
Sounds like you had a nice weekend though :).
Overall, GREAT weekend! Got a lot of projects done. Just need to switch gears to deer stand repair and sight in the rifles this week.

Here's the view from my dock at the cabin (built this spring and finishing touches this fall). I said I was going to drink a glass of Sherry and watch the sunset once I got it done. Well, it’s time to find a bottle of sherry.
C6FF79EE-38BA-4A83-A210-653B2D2E1D6A.jpeg

Overall, GREAT weekend! Got a lot of projects done. Just need to switch gears to deer stand repair and sight in the rifles this week.

Here's the view from my dock at the cabin (built this spring and finishing touches this fall). I said I was going to drink a glass of Sherry and watch the sunset once I got it done. Well, it’s time to find a bottle of sherry.
View attachment 937126
Looks great.
Is that the one you planted the poles for thru the ice.
Crap! Just remembered…I think I have a good L65 ducked in the back of the shed up there. I should have looked!!!
Pretty bad when you forget about them lol. I lost one this yr, only to remember I sold it last fall :nofunny:.
I had to go thru quite a few pages of PMs to find it after asking a few people about it.
Guess we need to keep better inventory :numberone:.

Looks great.
Is that the one you planted the poles for thru the ice.

Pretty bad when you forget about them lol. I lost one this yr, only to remember I sold it last fall :nofunny:.
I had to go thru quite a few pages of PMs to find it after asking a few people about it.
Yes sir, that's the one! It was mostly done before ice-out this spring and finished this fall. I needed to put those x-beams in to reinforce the poles which required me to pound spikes into the poles as far down under the water as I could reach. Not the most fun but I got the job done. Having the dock sure beats leaving the boat further down the shore (which is accessible to others as well meaning nothing can be left in the boat) and it REALLY beats crawling over decoys into the boat at predawn or wading out and then hopping in.

My life has been such a blur since spring. Shortly after I started the dock I became separated, then the divorce BS, the euphoria of being rid of her, then missing her (I do not know why), and now I am settling into single life (and watching her make bad decisions without me LOL).

I've done that with saws and guns over the years. Lost my son's .22 for several years. Someone had put the box (with the gun in it) into a pile of empty gun boxes out in the garage LOL.

Speaking of buildings full of stuff, my parents’ estate auction was Saturday. 65+ years on one farm. I am on my way home now.
Anyone want to guess what an approximately 3’x9’ Firestone metal sign sold for?
The Farmall Super M that he had bought new and had restored about five years ago, “parade ready”, sold for $2800.

Speaking of buildings full of stuff, my parents’ estate auction was Saturday. 65+ years on one farm. I am on my way home now.
The Farmall Super M that he had bought new and had restored about five years ago, “parade ready”, sold for $2800.
$1500 for the sign?

Morning fellows.

Had a ****** night of sleep. Ate dinner too late and I do not sleep well on a full stomach. I guess that is one of the things of getting older as it never bothered me until my mid 30's. I am sure the beers with dinner did not help but I just cannot sleep well if I eat before bed, beers or not. Coffee, Mcdonalds sandwich, and aleve have me feeling normal again this morning.

I am cooking dinner at the school tonight for the "family fun night" and then we are watching the boys football playoff game. Our team is second in the region so they should blow out tonight's opponent. I think we beat this team 56-7 earlier in the year.

Latest posts

Back