Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have three pumpkins frozen solid. I was thinking about thawing them and then shooting them with some non lead bullets so the deer can eat them.
Yup. Cut a square hole in the top and fill with a gallon of water. Put the plug back in tight and blast away. These 4 I shot are for the wildlife since any food is well appreciated by them when it’s the bleak midwinter.

Anyone have a Savage 110 with iron sights? I meant to order picatinny rail see through scope rings and I ended up ordering gun specific see through rings with integral bases. Free to good home.
Oh gee I have a Savage model 11 trophy hunter that see thrus would work great for but I don’t know if the 110’s would fit.

Went in to my local Stihl dealer today to get some oil. He called me over and showed me a brand new saw with the side cover off. Clutch bell was purple, and the plastic around it all burned. He said the customer said he started it, put the chain brake on and set it down. Turned around and it was smoking. I said chain too tight. He said no, it was still set up from when he prepped it. Not a spdck of sawdust on it. Chain never touched wood. Then he picked up another one, same thing. I asked if it was possible they put the brake on with the thing set on fast idle? He said he didn't think of that, possible? Any one here ever heard of that?

Went in to my local Stihl dealer today to get some oil. He called me over and showed me a brand new saw with the side cover off. Clutch bell was purple, and the plastic around it all burned. He said the customer said he started it, put the chain brake on and set it down. Turned around and it was smoking. I said chain too tight. He said no, it was still set up from when he prepped it. Not a spdck of sawdust on it. Chain never touched wood. Then he picked up another one, same thing. I asked if it was possible they put the brake on with the thing set on fast idle? He said he didn't think of that, possible? Any one here ever heard of that?
I saw one recently where the chain was between the retainer and the sprocket/rim, I think it was in the 2021 you suck thread.
That saw wouldn't run iirc, but I could see one having that happen to it too.
Funnier things have happened for sure.

Same thing I was thinking.
I’m surprised I haven’t done something like that yet lol. I can’t really get my Makita 6100 to run right no matter how much I fiddle with the carb. I may break down and buy a tach from Amazon to at least set the high screw properly.

About to add a Makita 7900 to my saw collection, always wanted one. I’m making a chiminea/fire pit with my newfound welding hobby. It’s not going to be pretty though lol.

I’m surprised I haven’t done something like that yet lol. I can’t really get my Makita 6100 to run right no matter how much I fiddle with the carb. I may break down and buy a tach from Amazon to at least set the high screw properly.

About to add a Makita 7900 to my saw collection, always wanted one. I’m making a chiminea/fire pit with my newfound welding hobby. It’s not going to be pretty though lol.
What's the issue with it?

I saw one recently where the chain was between the retainer and the sprocket/rim, I think it was in the 2021 you suck thread.
That saw wouldn't run iirc, but I could see one having that happen to it too.
Funnier things have happened for sure.

I managed to start my MS441 that way but shut it down right away. I would think that the chain brake would still work though.

Joe I can see where an inexperienced operator could do that. The Stihl manual tells you to engage the chain brake (which I know all safety minded scroungers do) before starting. It also says to blip the throttle after the saw starts and disengage the brake. Page 43.
https://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent...-MS-400-C-M-Owners-Instruction-Manual.pdf.pdf

Back