Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I have so far is my Beretta 390, love that shotgun. What do you have up there, wolves?

Get a Maverick 88 for an HD gun. That thing is cheap, pump action, and made by Mossberg.

What happened to signature thing anyway? The part that used to show the list of saws, I don't see it anymore. I confused myself the other night and bid on a Makita 6421 on eBay. Won the auction but I wanted the 7900 not the 6421, looked at too many saws lol. Hope I can cancel the purchase or else I'll have two 60~cc saws, a bit redundant.
Around my house we have both wolves and coyotes which is uncommon because normally the wolves will kill or drive out the coyotes. Unfortunately the deer herd really took a hit with both species of heathens around.

I am not… I have yet to delve into the AR universe. Up until the last 18 months I never felt the need for one and since my gun love is mostly for vintage deer rifles and waterfowling guns, I didn’t want to tie up a lot of $$ into that platform.

By my collection of saws, you guys see that I like variety so I know once I get into AR’s it’s not going to stop at 1 lol. But soon it’s going to happen.

That piece is a flashlight mount for a Remington 1100. I need a home defense gun for taking puppy (soon to be puppies) out at night. Way too many toothy predators around here to let them out alone.
Tell me about it. I've bought 3, 22 NRA Match rifles and one Stevens Falling Block Model 414 Armory, in the last month. Was looking at the You Suck thread, I haven't bought a saw since April.

Here's the 3 Variants of the Savage 1919 NRA Match Rifle. The first one is a first year of production. it has a kind of cheesy stamped Micrometer site, but is easily capable of putting 5 shots in one hole at 25 yards. The next is the model 1923 NRA Match, It has a nicer heavier rear sight with a ghost ring front sight. Then the last one is the 19-33 Match. the stock was shortened to 3/4 and a bull barrel was added. The sights on this one are the best of the bunch. I have a Fecker 10X target scope I'm going to put on one of them, just don't know which one yet. The last one on the bottom serial number is 45,024. The serials on these started at 45,000. So, this one was first day of production. it has all of the correct parts for a very early variant.
enFMp44.jpg

First cheesy fragile sight, but it will still produce tiny groups.
6F8NGwO.jpg

Second, much better sight, on the 1923.
2SraGfT.jpg

The last rifle, the 19-33 had the best of the sights, and had an improved lock, called the "Speed Lock". It was a couple miliseconds faster than the other two locks. I guess a pro target shooter can tell the difference.

HekD2cm.jpg

Funny how times change. When these rifles were made target shooting was an honored sport, and gun makers made competitive rifles that looked like military rifles. These three were made for the civilian market. If you want to shoot a military style rifle today you are labaled as a bad person. Go figure.

Time for some spikes in the trail.

Nothing worse than do-nothing law enforcement.

Last fall a guy committed several hit and runs with his suburban on atv’s (he actually was driving his vehicle down an atv trail). They had multiple videos of this ******* and he refused citizens arrest. Sheriff follows up and the guys vehicle was all rashed up from the hit and runs. Guy says..it wasn’t me driving and I don’t know who it was (despite the car being returned to his home) and they dropped the case despite all of the evidence. WTF

Hate to say it, but I'm also vulnerable having a cabin (off the grid) up there, and he is a local!

It puts me in a tough spot!

My Daugher was victim of a hit and run while driving home from helping me with taxes last year. She was sideswiped by a jeep that did not stop!

They determined the year and make from the parts on the ground. Police don't find anything!

My daughter sees the Jeep, in a parking lot, missing the parts she has in her car. She calls the police, who tell her they cannot do anything because they can't prove who was driving it!

Our Country is going downhill fast!

Hate to say it, but I'm also vulnerable having a cabin (off the grid) up there, and he is a local!

It puts me in a tough spot!

My Daugher was victim of a hit and run while driving home from helping me with taxes last year. She was sideswiped by a jeep that did not stop!

They determined the year and make from the parts on the ground. Police don't find anything!

My daughter sees the Jeep, in a parking lot, missing the parts she has in her car. She calls the police, who tell her they cannot do anything because they can't prove who was driving it!

Our Country is going downhill fast!
Another example of horseshit investigation! At the very least, press them and see if you can get them to fess up.

It is unfortunate, but I have noticed that in today's world police often just "don't want to get involved".

I guess if you don't think you will be supported in court, that is what happens.

It seems the lessons learned when Rudy Guiliani cleaned up NYC have been forgotten. Focus on the small crime and it will reduce the big crime. The guy that tries to jump the subway turnstile is the same guy who is going to rob someone on the train.

Absolutely. They are virtually foolproof if cleaned regularly and not asked to cycle low base loads. I’ve owned 6 of them over the years.
If you happen to see a beater 1100 with either a 26" vent rib skeet barrel, a slug barrel, or even just a receiver I'm looking :).
I have 3 or 4 barrels and a set of wood.

She calls the police, who tell her they cannot do anything because they can't prove who was driving it!

Dashcam. Front and rear. Blackvue or similar - with the battery pack if you want it to record while the vehicle is parked up.

https://blackvue.com/

It is unfortunate, but I have noticed that in today's world police often just "don't want to get involved".

I guess if you don't think you will be supported in court, that is what happens.

It seems the lessons learned when Rudy Guiliani cleaned up NYC have been forgotten. Focus on the small crime and it will reduce the big crime. The guy that tries to jump the subway turnstile is the same guy who is going to rob someone on the train.
And it’s their job to get involved.

I agree with the last part too. Up here they ignore the drug dealers cause they want the upline guys. Well if you put every drug dealer in the slammer, the uplines will leave the area.

Latest posts

Back