Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm intrigued. When you shoota deer, how do you get it home?
I've dragged deer out when I'm deep in the woods on public lands (long time ago) I hunt exclusively on my land or a friends . So I have either a quad or the FEL deer I got last year . 2B05F35B-E4CF-4BC4-B07E-E677145DFD4F.jpeg6AFDDAC1-6B12-4FEA-B052-4F834AD7BABB.jpeg

Matt, for $99 (and free shipping) get that Vortex 3 X 9 X 40 with BDC from Midway USA.

For an all around hunting scope, can't go wrong with it!

Did Bill just get that deer, or is that an old pic?
Lots of sales on them recently too.
One that's a nice step up is only 30 more right now, but you're right, those do a great job for the price.

I am considering buying a couple of the red dot sights for my bear guns. With my eye sight, I am finding it harder to see the bead on any open sight firearms. A lot of my hunting buddies switched to the 350 legion rifle with the red dot sight, I looked thru them and like it for short ranges.

I am considering buying a couple of the red dot sights for my bear guns. With my eye sight, I am finding it harder to see the bead on any open sight firearms. A lot of my hunting buddies switched to the 350 legion rifle with the red dot sight, I looked thru them and like it for short ranges.
I had a red dot on a .44 mag Desert Eagle and really liked it.

My goal is to set up one rifle with red dot and another with night vision. After my interaction with the coyotes the other night, I am going to make it happen sooner rather than later.

Also pondering an AR for my Christmas present to myself this year.

Keep us advised. Ron

I told you guys I got robbed back in September. State cop called today and is picking up my 261,462 and my miter saw tomorrow.:happybanana::happy::dancing::rock::rock2:The heathens were arrested in FL. Extradition hearing is Wednesday and hoping they send the bastiges back. Stihl no word on the 026 & 036. Hoping the cops do a little arm twisting.

I had a red dot on a .44 mag Desert Eagle and really liked it.

My goal is to set up one rifle with red dot and another with night vision. After my interaction with the coyotes the other night, I am going to make it happen sooner rather than later.

Also pondering an AR for my Christmas present to myself this year.

Can't wait to see what you end up "building". Lots of great AR companies out there. My current favs for those looking for affordable, yet high-quality components:

Aero Precision
Palmetto State Armory
Ballistic Advantage (owned by Areo)
Faxon
BCM (aka Bravo Company USA)
LaRue Tactical (Higher end, but their triggers, barrels, and ploymer components are very affordable and super high-quality).

I told you guys I got robbed back in September. State cop called today and is picking up my 261,462 and my miter saw tomorrow.:happybanana::happy::dancing::rock::rock2:The heathens were arrested in FL. Extradition hearing is Wednesday and hoping they send the bastiges back. Stihl no word on the 026 & 036. Hoping the cops do a little arm twisting.

Awesome news!

I hate thieves.

.350 is gaining popularity. I built an upper for my AR when the cartridge first came out (ordered my barrel from CMMG at the NRA show). Well, at the time Winchester was the only ammo manufacturer with ammo available, and they had some issues. I was not impressed with how it shot compared to my .450 Bushmaster (which is a hammer), so I sold it off. Seems they've corrected those issues and it gets high praises.

I still would rather have my .450BM. It anchors deer peetty good, and has a great deal more energy. Cost per round is higher, as is recoil, but it's still cheaper and softer shooting than my 12GA with Hornady sabots.

We have another Brit! Or at least someone living here. Good effort on clearing up they blow down.
Lancashire born and bred, red rose county! I've done quite well out of arwen, starting to think my "big saw" (262xp) isn't big enough now though! I'm sure I could find room in the growing collection for another....

And there's another case of cad 🤣. With my sensible hat on I'd say, if you're getting arwen Scots pine sized trees often then you'd use a bigger saw, but if that size tree is unusual then why bother? However since I have a 365 and only scrounge up stuff dropped by tree surgeons and bucked up to man handleable size.... Clearly I'm not always a hat wearer!

Latest posts

Back