Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, for $99 (and free shipping) get that Vortex 3 X 9 X 40 with BDC from Midway USA.

For an all around hunting scope, can't go wrong with it!

Did Bill just get that deer, or is that an old pic?
Last years. This year he has been under the weather with his back. Asked me to find him some meat for his freezer

Putting away the milled wood from last years scrounge . Moved my Dodge and it threw a code . Heater grid function out of perimeters the grid isnt necessary to start the truck it's mostly a EPA thing to help it run cleaner when it's cold. Found the positive lead corroded away on the solenoid that cycles the grid . Attempted to remove nut the stud broke lose but the relay still works so I just clamped the lead back onto the stud . New one is coming by Saturday.

Back to wood had nobody around to help and needed to get the slabs out of the trailer before it rained. Just happened to have two old 30lb propane tanks a few feet away they worked great.

A9383412-1CF8-4FF5-8A61-375ACA9DE2B2.jpeg16FFA996-F21B-4031-ACFB-6D0DC7867094.jpeg6B2F641F-7563-4BB3-A75D-0B039FE51F85.jpeg

Since this Scrounging section is used pretty liberally, I thought I'd ask here. This year, I "scrounged" a used 2 HP outboard motor. I got it started and then let it set. I want to start it up again and then winterize it. The gas mix already has Stabil in it, so I would start it, run it for ten minutes, dump the attached gas tank and then run it dry. Any thing else I should do before I store it for the Winter?

I want to be able to easily start it in the Spring and not have to work on it.

Since this Scrounging section is used pretty liberally, I thought I'd ask here. This year, I "scrounged" a used 2 HP outboard motor. I got it started and then let it set. I want to start it up again and then winterize it. The gas mix already has Stabil in it, so I would start it, run it for ten minutes, dump the attached gas tank and then run it dry. Any thing else I should do before I store it for the Winter?

Is it 2 or 4 stroke?

Yes basically. Some guys fog the cylinders, some mix a small batch of 20:1 roughly for the winterizing mix. I do what you said, run em out of fuel and drain the tank. I store mine in the garage attached to the house so temperature is more or less constant. If storing in a shed or possibly damp environment, the winter mix or fogging is a good choice.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

And there's another case of cad 🤣. With my sensible hat on I'd say, if you're getting arwen Scots pine sized trees often then you'd use a bigger saw, but if that size tree is unusual then why bother? However since I have a 365 and only scrounge up stuff dropped by tree surgeons and bucked up to man handleable size.... Clearly I'm not always a hat wearer!
I tried wearing a sensible hat once but I couldn't get it to fit! There's always the "but what if I get offered a bigger tree, and I don't have the gear to tackle it" 🤣

CAD does seem to be bloody contagious around these parts though....before I started lurking on here I was quite happy with the 2 saws I had...

I just got a pair of Vortex Diamondback 10x42 binoculars. Very impressed for the price and the warranty!
Been looking at Vortex. My gun shop guy told me he has a rifle scope that was run over by a car and they stihl honored the warranty and sent him a new one. Been looking at 10x50 Diamondback.

Been looking at Vortex. My gun shop guy told me he has a rifle scope that was run over by a car and they stihl honored the warranty and sent him a new one. Been looking at 10x50 Diamondback.
I would say go for it.
There's a video on youtube where a couple guys actually shot a pair of the binoculars in half and they still got a replacement pair under warranty!

Back