Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I better go look at my 1972 Johnson seahorse 2hp motor to see I cant remember if I keep the tank full or empty. But still runs good, I mix 1.5 oz seafoam in my rec fuel mix. I have had mixed results with stabil. Mostly stuck floats but could be operator error because other guys swear by it
For my leaf blower I fill it with true fuel for non ethanol over the winter

Since this Scrounging section is used pretty liberally, I thought I'd ask here. This year, I "scrounged" a used 2 HP outboard motor. I got it started and then let it set. I want to start it up again and then winterize it. The gas mix already has Stabil in it, so I would start it, run it for ten minutes, dump the attached gas tank and then run it dry. Any thing else I should do before I store it for the Winter?

I want to be able to easily start it in the Spring and not have to work on it.
That’s all you need to do besides checking the gear lube to make sure is clean/not milky. Milky gear lube indicates a prop shaft seal leak and you’ll want to replace the lube before winter.

Can't wait to see what you end up "building". Lots of great AR companies out there. My current favs for those looking for affordable, yet high-quality components:

Aero Precision
Palmetto State Armory
Ballistic Advantage (owned by Areo)
Faxon
BCM (aka Bravo Company USA)
LaRue Tactical (Higher end, but their triggers, barrels, and ploymer components are very affordable and super high-quality).
I’ll probably just buy a ready to shoot rifle from one of the two gun shops I frequent. Not being familiar with the platform I’d rather start out that way. Plus my gunsmith just had major surgery so if I did have any issues I’m quite a drive from another one.

Is that an Englander wood stove? I had one like that, the secondary tubes have a really cool fire show. Also like that fan. Is that one of those heat powered fans? Always wanted anted to try one to push the heat away from the stove. Nice setup
The stove is an older Drolet that I scrounged off the side of the road. The fan is an ECOFan, both made in Canada.
No sense buying any of that cheap American made junk :oops:

I am kind of a sucker for the odd ball cartridges so I'm sure I would end up with several more chamberings.
Look up the .277Wolverine when you get into the AR platform (basically 6.8SPC in a 5.56/.223 case). It's an awesome cartridge for small to mid sized game. I've used it on varmints, predators, and Norther MI whitetail.

I really regret selling my upper in that cartridge. I plan to build another once I get my shop built and set my press back up. Factory loaded ammo was available, but I haven't checked that in a while to see who's loading for it still.

Look up the .277Wolverine when you get into the AR platform (basically 6.8SPC in a 5.56/.223 case). It's an awesome cartridge for small to mid sized game. I've used it on varmints, predators, and Norther MI whitetail.

I really regret selling my upper in that cartridge. I plan to build another once I get my shop built and set my press back up. Factory loaded ammo was available, but I haven't checked that in a while to see who's loading for it still.
Nice. I’m intrigued by the 6.8 spc as well because I have a .30 Remington (it’s parent cartridge).

Latest posts

Back