Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heading back for a few loads today.
48f8041d57215923365824df952ea4bc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
would be a good one for View From The Tractor thread....

my chevy van '83... had air, but i don't use it. as such decided to convert the evaporator core to an oil cooler for my transmission. now hot trans oil out of the radiator section... and trans :heart:'s it! (new trans n converter at the time, well fresh rebuild) engine runs cooler... on flats, up hill... even downhill...
I have a huge auxiliary trans cooler on it but the temp coming out of the trans line where my gauge reads it goes up when pushing it . Normal about 125 gets to about 170 on long steep grades . Temp never goes over 200 in the head . Actual water temp is 190 at the radiator inlet (have two mechanical gages 28C4CBFF-0FF1-4BD9-926D-41A125A15820.jpeg

one of my favs! salmon almost any way. smoked or poached ideal. like to use alder. have a smoker just for salmon. did it poached day before... Atlantic; 1 1/3#... on tonite's menu, too. 2/3rds of it. wont eat it all but will cook it all. i like it cold as well... its just part of that Pac NW boy that is still in me.... candy salmon best, imo. (smoked) running about $25 or so a pound last time i ck'd.

scrounged from down at my fav fish counter... just under $10/# - never frozen. in NDA daily...
View attachment 957583View attachment 957584
Here you go with those fresh tomatoes again BL. Growing season better get here quick.

Way taller, they roll quite easily and don't squat under load which helps them roll easier to.
Also better ground contact for burnouts being taller :rock:[emoji38].
I couldn't see the tires in the picture I'm sure I could find some bigger ones hauling dirt they would come in handy.

Rear bumpers if not ordered from the factory as they were optional were usually made at local metal shops . It's rare to see this type still on a truck as a light tap to the bumper it would damaged the bedside as its bolted to it.

Not sure if they are Ruffed Grouse but I've seen grouse in my driveway and in the fields picture from last spring this one had no fear of me . Have pheasant too story is in the late 70s they used to stock the farm with game birds and charge citiots outrageous amounts of money to hunt View attachment 957572View attachment 957573
I forgot to mention that those are relatively young hen pheasants... These are ruffed grouse:

1642630633416.png
1642630700469.png

I couldn't see the tires in the picture I'm sure I could find some bigger ones hauling dirt they would come in handy.
Look at the one just behind the front wheelbarrow and you can see the wheels.
Probably depends a lot on the ground conditions, fat tires float well, tall narrow push easy on hard ground and over objects, either would do better than the little ones in dirt though.

Funny, we have quail that do that.
If you're not ready for them(ie hunting them, pheasant, rabbit) they will surely cause you to jump a bit.
Have you ever had one try to get you away from their young, they'll come up about 6' from you and act injured and walk away from you, pretty easy to figure out which way their young are when they do this.

I forgot to mention that those are relatively young hen pheasants... These are ruffed grouse:

View attachment 957637
View attachment 957638
Ahh... the king of game birds. I love hunting them. We have generally great hunting for them in central and northern WI. The counties own lots of forest land that is actively logged (clearcut) for aspen pulp wood. That what grouse need in the northwoods. All stages of aspen are important to them.
20211023_113221.jpg

Grouse are my favorite small game! Unfortunately, have not seen any down here for decades (and I used to hunt them South of here).

We still have them up at my Upstate property, but not as many as there used to be. Seems like we have a lot fewer Turkeys also.
You should give your local Ruffed Grouse Society biologist a call. They were very helpful with developing a habitat management plan for our property. Never too late to start helping the critters.
https://ruffedgrousesociety.org/contact-info/

Here Bob Kern and @Brufab here's that 10 - 10 I used as a kid I dug it out in the garage maybe I'll use her for some firewood this year lots of memories in this old saw. It never ran real great I got it and dug into it it had 2 diaphragms in the pump side someone in my family didn't know what they were doing but it runs good now.
c63e9f06c313c7ee914dde0b712b3d25.jpg
632c5314c9d08b7f522672ff9d48fead.jpg

Back