Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New second chain grinder is installed on the bench next to my Jolly Star I know this one is cheap but it is just for doing rakers so I don't have to keep changing out wheels. It should be like an assembly line from the top plate grinder to this and done.
597927572e0d3eef1719270f08c12609.jpg

That's actually one of the most misquoted verses of the Bible. Money itself is not the roof to all evil. It's the love of money that is the causation of straying and evils as described in 1 Timothy 6:10. Very few youtubers are honest and even though TY has policy that makes "creators" state when their videos contain a paid advertisement even in the form of free or discounted product, it's usually stated very inconspicuously. I've watched how Wranglerstar has changed over the years and it's pretty much par for the course when those guys get big and well known. They start out by making do with what they've got but when those sponsors show up they whore themselves out. It's the path a lot of those guys go down once they go fulltime on YT. Many of their videos have 2 or even 3 self-advertisements in them, and that's not including the YT ads that interrupt every so often.

I don't know what it is but I cut a standing dead tree that even the straight grained sections made the X27 bounce off of.
Black locust green and sometimes dry will bounce the x27 but another shot in the same spot usually give a busted round. Accuracy is needed but as I get older, that is a skill that is fading.

Good morning guys. Kind of a quiet day for me today. I have a lot of housecleaning to do which I’m not looking forward to but it really needs to happen.

Yep, a one person household can sure get 'trashy' unless one keeps at. I still have the housekeeper my wife used. every two weeks. I "clean" house the day before she comes. My cleaning is mostly just straightening things up and sweeping the floor.

They have a lifetime warranty 3000 email them they will replace no questions asked at no charge.
The person who had the X27 and broke the handle got another one under the warranty. But he still had the old axe head so he gave it to me. I put a wooden handle on it. I appreciate the info though.

Black locust green and sometimes dry will bounce the x27 but another shot in the same spot usually give a busted round. Accuracy is needed but as I get older, that is a skill that is fading.
I'll have to grab a few pics of the rounds I cut as it's still right where I cut it 😆

She took a good 6 or more cracks as I made a line clean across and still bounced off. I knew I was beat.

The person who had the X27 and broke the handle got another one under the warranty. But he still had the old axe head so he gave it to me. I put a wooden handle on it. I appreciate the info though.
My apologies I guess I assumed that you were the original owner. That makes sense now. I'm sure it still works good even with a wood handle.

Looks good Bob looks solid should make some good firewood there. Lived seeing the pics with the little one sawing away.
Well there may be another one. Little man came barreling out of the house when we got back. He’s ready to cut some more!!

trunk 2
Loaded up

Attachments

• 42148D11-30D2-4FC9-841E-AA5EED0D243C.jpeg
    42148D11-30D2-4FC9-841E-AA5EED0D243C.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
  • 8FA81572-1BD0-4A45-BD4E-70CC0767C3B9.jpeg
    8FA81572-1BD0-4A45-BD4E-70CC0767C3B9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Well there may be another one. Little man came barreling out of the house when we got back. He’s ready to cut some more!!

trunk 2
Loaded up
Yeah that will do nicely. Those little skil saws are nice limbing saws I think they are similar to the USA made Poulan micros.

Latest posts

Back