Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Real cool you rescued dogs. We have 3 rescues, brunos in front from genessee county humane society, luna in the back from Maumee Ohio, and the elf goman came from Korea via Chicago o'hare Airport.
Linus was our third rescue from the Putnam Humane Society. Lucy was also rescued, as was our previous dog Thor (White and Brown).

And before him, our Dalmation "Bailey" was rescued from a failed relationship! When they each went their separate ways they were not allowed to have dogs at their new places.

Attachments

• BaileyStandingAtWindow.jpg
    BaileyStandingAtWindow.jpg
    604.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Thor31010 007.JPG
    Thor31010 007.JPG
    772.8 KB · Views: 17
Linus was our third rescue from the Putnam Humane Society. Lucy was also rescued, as was our previous dog Thor (White and Brown).

And before him, our Dalmation "Bailey" was rescued from a failed relationship! When they each went their separate ways they were not allowed to have dogs at their new places.
Been thinking of you all today.

A face cord a night [emoji23] .
I burn about 3.5 and heat the place with our wood stove as the primary heat source. I do put some odds in there, quite a few cookies, and some black locust rounds I bring right from the woods to the house, usually about this time of the yr or right before the ground gets soft in the spring.
I've never really kept count on how much this thing can burn but I know it's pretty decent although Texs fix with the wire mesh may let me get a little more of it. I plan on calling this tree guy tomarrow and hopefully get permission for some of these massive wood piles. Was tied up all day the EDM tech was there today did a test burn and everything checks out have to do a couple of Post tweeks but should be able to hammer out some parts now. Hope you guys are staying warm these next couple days will be pretty cold till after the weekend.

You as well. I tend to drunk post a lot as our hours are 13 hours apart. (my off work drinking time) so filter is obviously not always in place, i offer this not as an excuse but simply a statement of fact. I honestly try to tone down my thoughts but they leap from my brain and straight to my mouth.. or in this case fingers. the old adage of measure twice and cut once should be automatic... Unfortunately for me its not. Good Evening Sir and best wishes to your family as well.
All good, Nobody is perfect, if we were we wouldn't have needed the Good Lords Son to come and save us. I wish you a good evening and Cheers!

thing that worries me most is all of the people at our age suffering from pituary gland and thyroid problems. both os these are particular to cesium intake form nuclear fallout. the timeline is correct as well for people on the east coast as three mile island would be about right for most of us..
I've wondered about just that from chernobyl and like you said three mile island. If there was they would never tell you about it that's for sure.

You as well. I tend to drunk post a lot as our hours are 13 hours apart. (my off work drinking time) so filter is obviously not always in place, i offer this not as an excuse but simply a statement of fact. I honestly try to tone down my thoughts but they leap from my brain and straight to my mouth.. or in this case fingers. the old adage of measure twice and cut once should be automatic... Unfortunately for me its not. Good Evening Sir and best wishes to your family as well.
The good thing here is we are guys. That means even if we were to get a little torqued at each other , the next day we’ll be helping each other with saws or having coffee!
Why can’t the rest of the world figure this out!

Hey all!

I’m still alive but doing my time with the Kung flu. Luckily my case has been very mild so far… Felt like one day of food poisoning although I didn’t actually get sick and then after that my taste is messed up. I can still taste and smell but everything tastes overly salty which is weird because normally on my food does not taste salty enough. The good news is I’m able to work from home and I have plenty of projects at home to keep me busy so I’ll just be hanging out here until the end of the weekend.

I am planning on having somewhere in the neighborhood of 50-60 cords by August stacked and drying for fall.
Yea, some days I can cut 2 cords of logs and haul
Oh man! @dancan goes into semi-retirement with the van. I think I finally pass @Logger nate and the Ford. @Cowboy254, the ute, and the trailer take a month long sabbatical. So it looks like me and my wheelbarrow finally have a shot at the coveted AS "scrounger of the year" with the 23 dump trailer loads of logs and here comes the new kid @Woodsman_26 passing me like I'm standing still!
:laughing:

I'm tickled to have my loader back, cant believe I did with out it for a month. Got six cords of cut off's, splinters bark and crap cleaned. Not six cords of scrap, the scrap from six cords. About 4:30 I started building a Ballast Box for my John Deere X540. Only took a little over half an hour. The box was and old desk safe. All I had to do as get it centered and drill three holes in it. Two into the frame and one through the ball hitch hole. Only difference I noticed with 200 pounds of extra balas was when you let up on the hydro peddle, it stops faster.
M2oxrjC.jpg

Hey all!

I’m still alive but doing my time with the Big C. Luckily my case has been very mild so far… Felt like one day of food poisoning although I didn’t get sick and then after that my taste is messed up. I can still taste and smell but everything tastes overly salty which is weird because normally on my food does not taste salty enough. The good news is I’m able to work from home and I have plenty of projects at home to keep me busy so I’ll just be hanging out here until the end of the weekend.
Praying everything is good for you svk! I was wondering where you were. Take care buddy and praying for a speedy recovery. Keep an eye on your ❤, wife's mom just got over the C and now her heart rates (bpm) doing some funky stuff mostly going into the 140's which it never has before

Oh man! @dancan goes into semi-retirement with the van. I think I finally pass @Logger nate and the Ford. @Cowboy254, the ute, and the trailer take a month long sabbatical. So it looks like me and my wheelbarrow finally have a shot at the coveted AS "scrounger of the year" with the 23 dump trailer loads of logs and here comes the new kid @Woodsman_26 passing me like I'm standing still!
I was wondering about that because I didnt see any 4x4 stickers on your wheelbarrow before because at a quick glance it looked like you had your wheelbarrow loaded up again🤣 too funny guys.

And before him, our Dalmation "Bailey" was rescued from a failed relationship!
Mike, I hope looking at the old pics and the thoughts of past friends have brought a smile to your face on this difficult day.

@Mustangsorry to hear about the dog hard losing them .

@Brufab hope they get everything sorted out.

Tenant called today the neighborhood is in lockdown . Town police and State Trooper swat team at the end of the street .
https://midhudsonnews.com/2022/01/26/breaking-apparent-standoff-in-town-of-poughkeepsie/View attachment 959580
The Mid-Hudson Valley has turned into a shooting gallery... a lot of shooting, wounding and killing going on. The DA didn't bother presenting one murder case to a grand jury so the judge let the suspect go pending an indictment... and they let murderers out with no bail. Yup... we're on our way to being a third world country.

-14*F again this morning. I’m thinking that we start a program, similar to Daylight Savings Time, where we automatically shift the temperature 10* higher during Winter months?

Philbert
Reminds me of the lady wanting to move the deer crossing signs lol.
Also, I think we should make it stay between 15 and 30 most days with a nice sunny 35 once or twice a week :).

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 5.27.13 PM.png

I've wondered about just that from chernobyl and like you said three mile island. If there was they would never tell you about it that's for sure.
yeah I shipped my wife and my 1st daughter down south west to Iwakuni when Fukushima popped its cork.

The local government and the Brass on the bases tried to hide the actual severity of the situation.

Funny thing is in 2006 the government placed radiation sensors that you could monitor online in an attempt to make the local population in Kanagawa feel better about the nuclear carrier that was planned to replace the Kitty Hawk in 2008.

As a result when Fukushima initially let some steam escape I went right to that website and was able to watch in real time as our areas background count went up. threw the Wife in the family car and sent her and my at the itme 11 month old daughter 14 hours southwest close to Iwakuni base to wait out the plumes. about 4 months in the Japanese government realized that folks were watching the radiation monitors that originally had been a placebo against the nuke carrier and shut the website down stating the the monitoring stations had somehow degraded and were not reading correctly.

yeah I shipped my wife and my 1st daughter down south west to Iwakuni when Fukushima popped its cork.

The local government and the Brass on the bases tried to hide the actual severity of the situation.

Funny thing is in 2006 the government placed radiation sensors that you could monitor online in an attempt to make the local population in Kanagawa feel better about the nuclear carrier that was planned to replace the Kitty Hawk in 2008.

As a result when Fukushima initially let some steam escape I went right to that website and was able to watch in real time as our areas background count went up. threw the Wife in the family car and sent her and my at the itme 11 month old daughter 14 hours southwest close to Iwakuni base to wait out the plumes. about 4 months in the Japanese government realized that folks were watching the radiation monitors that originally had been a placebo against the nuke carrier and shut the website down stating the the monitoring stations had somehow degraded and were not reading correctly.
My BIL was stationed in Okinawa my sister when they got back to the states was diagnosed with adrenal cancer. I absolutely do not believe that it had nothing to do with Fukushima seems kind of weird she was diagnosed after being there. She tested negative for all the genetic markers something doesn't pass the smell test.

Back