Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, do you mind me asking what that cost you?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I want to say it was $250 to$300 but it's been a few years. They are allot heaver but that's fine, good winter weight. There were some good video's showing a skid steer with regular tires and foamed tires running over a 4"-4", foamed was a much smother ride. Unfortunately I took the video off of favorites.

We are getting a Nor'easter today but the snow fall is way under the predictions, we might get 12" total not the 22". Windy as all get out but knock on wood we still have power.

that's where i am currently! about 15 pages back! and

...not knowing how i will get caught back up!

guess i can blame my computer ~ :badpc:
I've made it! I was also way back, for several days I avoided the thread, could not face the backlog! It's not taken as long as I thought!
Painful to read...
But, everyones situation is different. Many of my dads old tools, the very few he had, were poor quality. I kept a few, a ball peen hammer, a crescent wrench, and donated most. Pretty much could put everything in a barn door style hand held tool box. He was in the service for thirty plus years on ships. Never acquired much in the way of possessions, even after retiring. Interesting life style.
Dad was an engineer in the print trade so had lots of tools for work, and the skill and inclination to do his own spanner wrenching on his cars and so on, so another set at home. Other stuff was even older, his dad's or mum's dad, also engineers. If we'd had more time we would have eBay'd or donated to clubs, but mum was moving house. I kept some, my brother some, gave a bit away, still have loads I mean to give away.... But yep a few sack fulls of spanners, Allen keys and so on, went for scrap.

Thats most likely @Brufab aka the 'thread reaper💀' :laughing: yea im pretty much home bound due to unforeseen circumstances out of my control. Once things get better I will be back to work and most likely only hanging out in good morning check in, scrounging firewood, and remington/mall stickies. love all the old threads lots of valuable knowledge in them

Thats most likely @Brufab aka the 'thread reaper💀' :laughing: yea im pretty much home bound due to unforeseen circumstances out of my control. Once things get better I will be back to work and most likely only hanging out in good morning check in, scrounging firewood, and remington/mall stickies. love all the old threads lots of valuable knowledge in them
Nothing wrong with the old threads. Like you said some good info.

You guys have been to atleast 10 different hospitals and all over the state with me and the wife. And have kept my sanity intact thru the hardships we have been facing for almost 6 months now. Not everyone I run into likes brusslesprouts or is ready to throw down over used oil for bar oil or cares you got a ragged out saw that your excited about or if you found some logs on the side of the road lol but I care about all that not only do I scrounge all of the above I scrounge the threads for a coping mechanism to deal with stress.

Managed to cut a few rounds from logs on the top of the pile today. One good thing is the cold weather seems to make the pine split a bit easier.
View attachment 960538View attachment 960539View attachment 960540
Also found this in the log pile. Probably try to make it into projects since its not much for firewood anyway.
View attachment 960541
I'd like to see your finished projects for ideas also. Any tips on drying cedar cookies? I have some in log form and I'd like to make corner shelves without cracks.

Same here we don't watch TV here my tvs are like 14 year old plasmas that we never turn on.
Plasma? LOL, the last couple of TV's I've had are 36" tube TV's that people gave away for free when they got plasma/LED/whatever latest tech is.

Plasma? LOL, the last couple of TV's I've had are 36" tube TV's that people gave away for free when they got plasma/LED/whatever latest tech is.
When we bought our first home in 08 they didn't have crtvs anymore have the same one to this day we actually got it as a house warming gift. We have one in the bedroom that we got for free when we got our phones. We actually play more board games then anything.

I'd like to see your finished projects for ideas also. Any tips on drying cedar cookies? I have some in log form and I'd like to make corner shelves without cracks.
I haven't tried drying any cookies so I can't help there. One way to deal with it in log form is to let it crack naturally and then fill the crack when it stabilizes when the project is done. I made this corner shelf from a log I cut when green - there was one major crack I filled.
20210501_214220.jpg
I may try something like one of these for projects. Or something else, no telling until I get started! LOL
Screenshot_20210502-072941.pngScreenshot_20210502-072820.pngScreenshot_20200715-232556.png

We got about 6", but it was single digits this morning and only went up to about 15F in the afternoon, and very windy.

I did get dressed up in my warm hunting clothes this afternoon and shoveled some snow then went for a walk in the neighborhood just to stay outside for a while. I was just sick and tired of being in the house and had to get outside for a while, and walked my old dog walk route w/o a dog. Our dog Lucy is 14 and does not do much walking anymore. It is a shame, because back in the day she was a great hiker and the best swimming dog we ever had (you can't tell from looking at her, but she has Newfoundland in her, and she swims like a fish!).

I just hope she hangs in there for a while longer, because if she goes down soon my wife will really be off the rails.

Latest posts

Back