Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scrounging up a good woman is much harder than firewood :yes:.
Hope it goes well.
It’s difficult to compare the two without inserting “hardwood” jokes lol but I’m definitely seeking quality vs quantity.

There’s lots of 6’s and 7’s out there. I’m seeking a 9 that isn’t crazy lol. All tens are crazy…those ones are fun while they last but they never do lol.

It’s difficult to compare the two without inserting “hardwood” jokes lol but I’m definitely seeking quality vs quantity.

There’s lots of 6’s and 7’s out there. I’m seeking a 9 that isn’t crazy lol. All tens are crazy…those ones are fun while they last but they never do lol.
If hardwood is all someone is looking for, they will find it, but the "heat" may last longer than anticipated ;).
Finding perfection in any human is an act of futility, there's no perfect package.
Even finding a "good" woman is a task :yes:.

If hardwood is all someone is looking for, they will find it, but the "heat" may last longer than anticipated ;).
Finding perfection in any human is an act of futility, there's no perfect package.
Even finding a "good" woman is a task :yes:.
True. I don’t mean to quantify them by their looks alone. And that right person will be more attractive due to their other characteristics.

At the same point there is a bare minimum in the looks department that needs to be met. I’m not looking to date someone from “People of Walmart” lol

True. I don’t mean to quantify them by their looks alone. And that right person will be more attractive due to their other characteristics.

At the same point there is a bare minimum in the looks department that needs to be met. I’m not looking to date someone from “People of Walmart” lol
Not that I'm looking, but if I was and I was in an area where there were options, I wouldn't date a woman who shopped at Walmart, let alone acted like many in those videos :oops:.

Much in looks can be looked over, I'm married :laughing:.
If you saw my wife you'd know I married up, she's 6' and I'm 5,7 😆.

That's pretty cool.
I thought about letting a neighbor a couple houses south of me know about them as he's had them for pets, but in MI you're technically not allowed to take them from the wild, but you can have them if they have been raise in captivity lol. Sure hope they do okay.
This morning I relocated the second chipmunk of the yr, and I had a mouse running around the chicken feed, couldn't take a shot because I didn't know where the kids were. By the time I figured it out it was in-between me and the bin, don't need a hole in the bin.
Currently waiting these guys to find a new home so I can do the soffits/facia on the barn. I put one piece up to mock up the corner and see what else I need, and they decide it was a nice place to build a nest.
View attachment 991415
Had the same thing while working on a house. I made a little shelf and put it right below the soffit where the nest was, carefully moved the nest down to the shelf and went about putting on more soffit. Took mom a minute to warm up to the idea but after while she was back on the eggs.

Had the same thing while working on a house. I made a little shelf and put it right below the soffit where the nest was, carefully moved the nest down to the shelf and went about putting on more soffit. Took mom a minute to warm up to the idea but after while she was back on the eggs.
But then what excuse would I use for not getting the soffits done lol.

Not that I'm looking, but if I was and I was in an area where there were options, I wouldn't date a woman who shopped at Walmart, let alone acted like many in those videos :oops:.

Much in looks can be looked over, I'm married :laughing:.
If you saw my wife you'd know I married up, she's 6' and I'm 5,7 😆.
Speaking of Walmart women. :innocent:
FB_IMG_1653680331414.jpg

Speaking of Walmart women. :innocent:
View attachment 991502
Unfortunately walmart is the closest, cheapest place to get groceries and other stuff around here. It's a clown show on the best of days. Everything from how shoppers act, to the self checkout telling you, you may have missed scanning something and it's on the screen as scanned, and no employee's around to fix the stupid thing. Then the greater that wants to check your bags because they think you stole something, but the next guy that "forgot" to scan the stuff on the bottom of the cart walks right out the door.

Unfortunately walmart is the closest, cheapest place to get groceries and other stuff around here. It's a clown show on the best of days. Everything from how shoppers act, to the self checkout telling you, you may have missed scanning something and it's on the screen as scanned, and no employee's around to fix the stupid thing. Then the greater that wants to check your bags because they think you stole something, but the next guy that "forgot" to scan the stuff on the bottom of the cart walks right out the door.
I hate going there too, but like ya said, cheapest around. They even have ammo sometimes. :rock:

Spent a couple hours running the Stihl....weedeater that is. Wife wants a battery one because she can't start the gas one. Anybody have one of those? And if so, how do you like it?
My dad has a green works and likes it good enough. He doesn't have much string trimming though. Easily gets it done on one charge. I don't personally think it has as much power as my husqy gas trimmer, but it works for him. It's a few years old now. Heck my mom even uses it sometimes.

Spent a couple hours running the Stihl....weedeater that is. Wife wants a battery one because she can't start the gas one. Anybody have one of those? And if so, how do you like it?
My BIL has a Dewalt and he has quite a bit he trims, he really likes it. He does have plenty of batteries, but he says one of the big 60 volt 6 amp hr batteries does his with plenty to spare.

Dropped an ash today, on the neighbors land but fell onto my tractor road.
Made the cut about 3' up still had a hollow, the hinge held fine. Took an 8" branch off an oak on the way down.

KIMG1181.JPG
Trunk was still about 8" - 70' up
KIMG1180.JPG
Gotta love hand splitting deep woods ash trunk.

KIMG1182.JPG
At least two more loads like this to go from this tree.
KIMG1183.JPG

Used my neighbor’s Dewalt the other day…worked just the same as a gas one…worked great.

Latest posts

Back