Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, stock teeth, its rated 45 pto hp max, and that's what the tractor I put in has. I forget the min., but 25 pto hp comes to mind.

I'd hate to run it on a 25 hp tractor...

SR
Not sure I'd want to have to watch one over my shoulder.
Yeah, a 25hp is pretty small for a larger wheel, can't imagine one on my little tractor.

Yes, stock teeth, its rated 45 pto hp max, and that's what the tractor I put it on has. I forget the min., but 25 pto hp comes to mind.

I'd hate to run it on a 25 hp tractor...

SR
Have the same grinder on a 41 hp Mahindra.A local guy wanted $50/stump,which really aint that bad,but my wife and I had 47 stumps in our yard and pasture.I paid $1900 new about 3 years ago.I make new stumps everyday so it has really paid for itself.Just wish my tractor seat would spin around.

I ground 32 stumps with it one day, I try to sit a bit sideways. Anyway, I made back half of what I paid for the grinder, that day. lol

SR
That's awesome.
Sounds like it does a great job.
Nice having an ROI like that, that is if you have/had other jobs to pay for it 😀.

What size?

May be some scrounging around here tomorrow, some good storms rolling thru. They are saying up to 70mph winds and penny sized hail, haven't seen winds that high or any hail yet though. Had one lightening bolt that sounded real close, could have taken out a tree, find out tomorrow.
View attachment 1005044
3 inch hail and 70 mph winds rolled through about an hour north of me 3 hours ago.Not very common here in WV,but this summer has been extreme.

3 inch hail and 70 mph winds rolled through about an hour north of me 3 hours ago.Not very common here in WV,but this summer has been extreme.
We had very high winds about the same time in Maryland. No precipitation and short lived. I heard a close by transformer screaming and the power went out for about a minute.

Got started on my chimney project. What a mess taking down the old chimney was, I wad glad when I got it all down, I knew it was rough but not as bad as it turned out to be. As I suspected whoever put it up used minimal mortar in the joints and the Terra cotta was held in by nails in the joints and no mortar in between them. Well save for one last section it's been replaced with a triple walled stainless chimney now. Still have to do the flashing around it when the last piece cones in. Company I got everything from this spring changed brands so I had to order the last section, was the hole reason I went with the dura vent brand, I had a source locally. Oh well. The last 36" section should show up this week.
And for those wheel barrow guys...20220723_123254.jpg

So does mine,

IMG-2413-S.jpg

It's where all the water coming into my house, comes from.

SR
Mine runs 24/7 this is the overflow about 70 yards from the cistern.
View attachment IMG_2699.MOV

Thanks, trying to get an idea of how time consuming it is.

I don’t like stumps either, I dug one out early summer. About 2-1/2’ across.
The speed is mostly dependent on what tractor the grinder is on.

Best way to judge the speed of grinding, is to watch some you-tubes showing the grinder in action, there's several of them online.

SR

Back