Searching for a spare guide bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wopereis

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello fellow forum members,

We have a old Alpina A90 chainsaw and it's guide bars are almost worn out. Does anyone here know what replacement bars will fit? I myself have had little luck finding one.

If you take your bar off and take a close up of the holes for the bar studs with a tape measure next to the spacing of the studs, groove, and oil holes, and post a picture I'm sure someone can match it up.

The measurments are: the slot is 10 mm wide and 83 mm long. The oil holes are 0,5 mm in diameter and 60 mm apart. The stud holes are 10 mm and 40 mm apart. The chain is a .404 1.6 mm wide and has 71 links

Attachments

• 20200128_080326.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
Go back to the menu and scroll down to chainsaws. At the top of the page is "Chainsaw Stickies". There are a bunch of sub forums there. I asked if anyone knows, or has , a bar for your saw. I asked in the "Antique Saw" forum.

Mark, over on the Antique Saw forum has a bunch of old Oregon catalogs, maybe he can find that number? He did say that the D196 listed on the A70 is a standard Homelite bar, but it's in 3/8.

Latest posts

Back