Selling "lots" of saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got a bunch *not quite 20* of project saws and many random bars and chains. Many probably are not worth a crap, some are. Poulans, Homelites, Troy Bilt, Skil, Craftsman. Then I have Stihl, Husky, Echo. So the response was, well; post it up here. And I didn't sell a *single* one and wasted a stack of time. Maybe my expectations were too high. If I have to ship/transact each, that seems to have value in itself.

What are the expectations when selling lots to people that advertise they want to buy "unwanted saws" i know that these fellas are looking to make money on them and are hoping some dummy wants to throw away a MS660 with old fuel for $10 cause it won't start. Or some old lady that unloads a valuable collection after her husband passes etc.

And my problem is I have a general concept of what the good stuff is worth and don't want to necessarily throw away the "bad stuff" which may have value to someone.

Personally, when I buy saw lots I need to be able to recoup in saleable parts 2 to 3 times what I spend to make it worthwhile. I also have a very narrow interest - Husqvarna, maybe with a little Jonsered mixed in. So I would not buy a mixed brand group unless it was predominantly Husky. Good luck with your sales.

Could you put a link to the for sale listing on this site that you sold none?

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...te-remington-clinton-etc.333869/#post-7088697It sure would seem you have sold stuff on here.

I can't think of any used saws I bought except for perhaps one 40 years ago. I have bought bars and chains off ebay. I wonder how much fence line or forest land or for that matter arborists that use saws they bought used. Seems like a chainsaw is something a business would depreciate and then sell for cash.

Could you put a link to the for sale listing on this site that you sold none?

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...te-remington-clinton-etc.333869/#post-7088697It sure would seem you have sold stuff on here.

I can't think of any used saws I bought except for perhaps one 40 years ago. I have bought bars and chains off ebay. I wonder how much fence line or forest land or for that matter arborists that use saws they bought used. Seems like a chainsaw is something a business would depreciate and then sell for cash.
Forgot about the XLs. Those did sell here and I don't remember it probably because it went fine. For some reason I remember being disappointed by the experience but could have been the issues I had at the time combined with it.

Sell to local saw hawks as a pile or learn to effectively use AS Marketplace lol

Back