• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Selling my 090

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JOEY JENKINS

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm new to this site other than coming here to read old posts when I need info that I can't find elsewhere. So I'm not sure if this post is going to be in the right place on the site but here goes nothing. I have a Stihl 090 that I purchased and was going to use it for milling but before I had time to start milling with this saw I aquired a 54" circle sawmill. I have 5 other Stihl saws that I use so it has just been sitting around collecting dust. I started out milling with my 064AV and eventually bought a MS661C-M as a backup, which soon became my primary saw for felling and milling because it was the new toy. So I decided to put a ported 066 cylinder and piston on the 064 since I didn't have to have it to keep milling. I bought all the parts and then happened upon this 090 for sale. Which I immediately bought. But before I started using it or working on the 064 I aquired the circle sawmill. So now both are collecting dust while I work on moving, setting up and getting the circle mill operational.
So I no longer have a need for the 090 because I can drop or buck any size tree around this area with the 661 pretty easily. I don't really have any reference as to the value of the saw because you just don't see them for sale anymore. Other than the ridiculously priced ones on fleaBay. So I figure, I can always accept less but once I name a price I can't ask for more. Therefore I'm asking $1,500 for a running 090. I will try to upload a pic or two. This saw is far from pristine, it has been used but is all OEM parts. I purchased it from a man who owns a saw repair shop. It was part of his personal collection.IMG_20180527_020416745.jpg IMG_20180527_020416745.jpg IMG_20180527_020510367_LL.jpg

Hard truth is you’re going to be lucky to get half of what you’re asking on here.
Thanks for the heads up. Like I said, no point of reference for me to set a price on it. I know if the best offer I get here or wherever else is only half of the asking price I will just keep it. I don't need to sell it, I am not strapped for cash and I have more than that in the saw. But thank you anyway.

Scroll through this list of finished ebay sales for the 090.
Some for more and some for less than your asking.
Your price seems in the area of a running 090.
I saw a pair of 090AV models listed on there for over 7K! I can't or don't want to believe that anyone would pay that much. And weren't the AV models tuned down? Spec for the 090 were 137cc and 13 HP, the AV was same displacement but not sure of HP rating. The 090G was only 106cc.

Just as an FYI,

A fellow on here sold a similar condition 090 with a 36” B&C for around $1,000 last year.

That’s the last one I remember seeing sold on here, but I am far from the AS Scribe/Historian.

Good Luck

Looking on eBay makes me think I should have my local saw shop clean and tune it up, include a bar with it and list it on eBay...

I'm new to this site other than coming here to read old posts when I need info that I can't find elsewhere. So I'm not sure if this post is going to be in the right place on the site but here goes nothing. I have a Stihl 090 that I purchased and was going to use it for milling but before I had time to start milling with this saw I aquired a 54" circle sawmill. I have 5 other Stihl saws that I use so it has just been sitting around collecting dust. I started out milling with my 064AV and eventually bought a MS661C-M as a backup, which soon became my primary saw for felling and milling because it was the new toy. So I decided to put a ported 066 cylinder and piston on the 064 since I didn't have to have it to keep milling. I bought all the parts and then happened upon this 090 for sale. Which I immediately bought. But before I started using it or working on the 064 I aquired the circle sawmill. So now both are collecting dust while I work on moving, setting up and getting the circle mill operational.
So I no longer have a need for the 090 because I can drop or buck any size tree around this area with the 661 pretty easily. I don't really have any reference as to the value of the saw because you just don't see them for sale anymore. Other than the ridiculously priced ones on fleaBay. So I figure, I can always accept less but once I name a price I can't ask for more. Therefore I'm asking $1,500 for a running 090. I will try to upload a pic or two. This saw is far from pristine, it has been used but is all OEM parts. I purchased it from a man who owns a saw repair shop. It was part of his personal collection.View attachment 657962 View attachment 657962 View attachment 657963
Cheeze!!! That thing is huge!!!

More pics

Attachments

• IMG_20180616_100956705.jpg
    IMG_20180616_100956705.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20180616_101045148.jpg
    IMG_20180616_101045148.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 63
This is the only 090 I have ever seen first hand. So I don't know if the muffler is odd, incorrect or exactly as it should be. Something tells me that I'm about to find out though.
=:^)

Back