• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Seriously need an early 066 flywheel assembly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logdog902

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
S%#T hit the fan at the job today and I think I sheered the flywheel off of my workhorse, an early 066 red light.

I am in desperate need of a new flywheel for the ol girl. The saw is at the shop and I will find out more about what the specific part is. The old coil was replaced (I assume for an unlimited coil) if that is of any help.

More info coming Tomorrow, I’m just trying to get the ball rolling in the right direction. If you have an old 066 sitting around, please consider this ad, it’d really help a young arborist.

Willing to pay well if the part is going to solve my problem!

Please shoot me a message if you may have what I am looking for

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure, but you may have just sheared the flywheel key. If so, all you'll need is a key. You can also just line whatever's left of the notch in the flywheel with the notch in the crank and snug iit down really good of you push some rope in the cylinder to use as a piston stop. Or, @Jacob J. or @northwest saws might know of a good 066 flywheel or know someone who has one.

I'm not 100% sure, but you may have just sheared the flywheel key. If so, all you'll need is a key. You can also just line whatever's left of the notch in the flywheel with the notch in the crank and snug iit down really good of you push some rope in the cylinder to use as a piston stop. Or, @Jacob J. or @northwest saws might know of a good 066 flywheel or know someone who has one.
Thanks! Hope that’ll work

This is 100% correct. Listen to exactly what the man is saying because he is right. It is probably just the key. If you need a flywheel I might have one but I need the physical part number that is cast on the back of yours. The part number in the IPL will not help. They are not the same. As Jacob J and many others will tell you the 066 had a lot of coil and flywheel combinations and in many cases you cannot mix and match. Let me know

This is 100% correct. Listen to exactly what the man is saying because he is right. It is probably just the key. If you need a flywheel I might have one but I need the physical part number that is cast on the back of yours. The part number in the IPL will not help. They are not the same. As Jacob J and many others will tell you the 066 had a lot of coil and flywheel combinations and in many cases you cannot mix and match. Let me know
Thank you very much bill, really appreciate it. I’ll post asap with the info. Hopefully it’s just the key, but if not, I’ll come back with the serial #.

Again, thank you

Good news! The saw was fixed at the shop! It was just the small plastic pieces that transfer the pull cord inertia over, easy fix!

The saw is back in action, what an absolute unit. Dropped and bucked a monster red oak with it today, I can god those dogs in and heave in the thing and it just won’t bog. Running a full comp 25” bar on it.

Thank you all for the support, means a lot. I’m out here in Nova Scotia where parts are few and far for these older stihls I run, so it’s a fantastic feeling when I know guy like you all are out there. Thanks a million!

Back