Service manual for Stihl 084 wanted (oiler question...)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrmywstr

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
First thing, I'm looking for the service manual for a Stihl 084, electronic copy would be great.

On a related note: I have been using an 084 on my chainsaw milling setup for a while now, love this saw! However, I am not getting as much bar oil delivery as I'd like. With the oiler cranked up to max I am going through 1/2 - 1/3 tank of oil per gas tank. I've never done "maintenance" to a saw's oiler and have never had to replace one... What should I get into and try to clean to up my oil rate? Is there a filter anywhere between the oil tank and bar that should be replaced? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I also need service manual, what I need is that how to check the ignition coil ( resistance and continuity ) looks like my coil is dead. it suddenly stop working , so I guess my coil's life is ended.

Also looking for manual for 084 and I am having similar oiler issues. Any chance you could send that manual my way?
Im having similar issues and about to do a whole new line today just wanted to have something to double check my work off of. think you could send that manual my way as well. thanks.

Back