Shelves getting bare at saw shop.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in OK. I had a hard time finding enough T6 to change oil in one of our dodges. I guess they call them rams now.🙄
Rural King was out of Rotella T4, like not even in quarts. I run it in my Ford tractor and mu Ford pickup (they even use the same filter ;) ), and luckily they had a couple buckets of T5. Scooped them up. Should be good for a year now.

Mid 2020, our local Ace Hardware had a new 390XP on the shelf for $1,200.00 with a 36" bar.
I drooled all the way home. Then realized my 394XP old fallers saw is running just fine.
Cutting 24 to 42" rounds of Gray Pine, if I'm lucky, I only have to file about every 24 rounds or so.

My backup saw is a Husky 2100cd with 38" of bar sticking out. She's a fine old saw, and runs good no fuss.
But, the 394xp is much much lighter than the old 2100cd. :)

**** joe biden.

I think most dont know what "lets go Branden" means

Bought a 261 for work and had alittle bit of a hard time finding one here in idaho

I put all the tune up parts I bought in my 500 and it runs like new again. So there’s that! That’s a close second to getting a new one. $50 vs 6-700

Finally made it back to Rural King today, wife had something she wanted to buy there so I sneaked back to the Stihl section to see what they had. They had multitudes of blowers, weed eaters, electric chainsaws and other stuff but I didn't see any pro saws, just about 20 or so homeowner saws, MS 170, 250, 271, 391, 392. I didn't ask if they had any returns or trade ins but I don't imagine they take trades. I did notice that their oil and premix fuel is getting kind of expensive...

My gut feeling is to stock up on Husqvarna 2t mix by the case, more bar oil by the gallon plus 2t oil. The last storm clean ups ate into my stash.

Latest posts

Back