Shindaiwa 488

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

che

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Thanks to all the positive feedback here, and the wonderful feel of this saw, I have a BRAND NEW Shindaiwa 488 on it's way to my local dealer...with MY name on it!!!!

The other source I had last month who quoted me a price of $399, went belly up....but this farm equipment store (who I've dealt with alot) sold it to me for $339....it comes with an 18 inch bar.

Hopefully I won't have to go out with my husband's Sachs-Dolmar again! I used it today and was very thankful to know it's one of the last times. Great saw.....but a bit too heavy for me to use for long. At least I had company while I was out there......

:D Che :D

Hi Che, congratulations! I think you made a wise choice, Walt and Fish will be proud for you as well since they have lots of experience with this make, plus you have them as online mechanics too. I have Shindaiwa 575 that just needs a fuel line if I ever get around to picking it up.
Your 488 should last you forever if treated right. Can I suggest that you get it slightly modified for a woods saw? This way you will have the added distinction of being the only farm gal in KY. that has one.
What pitch chain comes with your new saw? Please send baby pictures when it arrives.
John

Hi John,

Thanks! I hope I'm not expecting too much. I want the good points from my Jonsered 2036 and the Sachs-Dolmar 116si BOTH in the same saw.

Give me at least a week before suggestion any modifications....according to the booklet I got from the other dealer, they have a 'no questions' 7day trial period.... (what type of modifications ARE you suggesting though?)

I don't know what type of chain comes with it. I'll tell you tomorrow...hopefully. ;)

Che

Latest posts

Back