Should I strangle my wife & neighbour? (its not what you think)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife knows better than to loan out my stuff. I have and will fall trees for a neighbor to help them out, but they don't touch my saws.
My wife did the loan out my saw yrs ago,,, she knows better now,, 30+yrs later.
And then it was my only saw,, I could not afford another.
And am still friends with the borrower till I moved.
He is/was not the kinda guy you want to loan a saw to.
Saw was fine,,

My wife knows better than to loan out my stuff. I have and will fall trees for a neighbor to help them out, but they don't touch my saws.

I'll let my neighbors run my saw, but I am there hovering over them. Just to much money and time put into saws to be loaning them out, unsupervised to the uninitiated.

I have a similar, but less tragic story. I brought several of my reed valve Homelites to a GTG to cut donuts and let others give it a try.
I run my classic saw slightly rich at WOT as replacement pistons and cylinders are getting to be like Hen's teeth.
I let a 30 something participant give the saw a try, and to my amazement he whips out a screwdriver to adjust the high set because it wasn't generating the RPMs he thought it should. :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2:
No damage was done, and I learned a valuable lesson in that moment.

keep the good stuff locked up. Loan out the beater saws
She definitely won't be doing it again -
But I mean comon , I had several plastic-crappy saws on the counter , a Blinky BMS40 , a Husqy 120 MarkII , 2 no-name brand chinese saws , and the 070S
What did she take? the 070S dammit , only 'cause it has a longer bar and the man wanted to fell a pine -
Had a talk with her when I got back home obviously, she wasn't aware of how much I cared about that Alpina , I care about that saw just as much as my 60s/70s guitars! She just wasn't aware that our neighbour is "dumber than a box of rocks - belly to boot"

Due to the fact that I've got way too much S#!t on my plate , I haven't got much time to dedicate myself to this saw , so my little neighbour will have to give me fresh cash until I'll be lucky enough to find a guy that's selling an Alpina 070S , I mean , I have a CastorC70S which is practically the same saw , different colour - but I'm picky

I've got a bunch of them.
I only like the pre-strato ones though.
If anyone wants to trade, let me know. Lol

I also own a Poulan Super 250A , was my grandfather's , built to last - unlike the Poulan PL3314 I returned about 3 years ago - brand new , such a shame

I have a similar, but less tragic story. I brought several of my reed valve Homelites to a GTG to cut donuts and let others give it a try.
I run my classic saw slightly rich at WOT as replacement pistons and cylinders are getting to be like Hen's teeth.
I let a 30 something participant give the saw a try, and to my amazement he whips out a screwdriver to adjust the high set because it wasn't generating the RPMs he thought it should. :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2: :dumb2:
No damage was done, and I learned a valuable lesson in that moment.

What's up with strangers fiddling around with other people's saws these days?

Well considering the fact that the saw hasn't got a proper chain brake , and it weights a ton , you're probably right , I could of ended up in big trouble - still that was the only saw I truly cherished with all of my heart , at least I'm alive gents - for now

Rage-texting my wife over the phone , sheesh - its gonna be a looong day -
If I need spare parts , he's 100% paying for 'em , already agreed , and the spare parts for my saw DON'T come cheap :)
Dont get divorced over it man! Simmer down a bit.

She definitely won't be doing it again -
But I mean comon , I had several plastic-crappy saws on the counter , a Blinky BMS40 , a Husqy 120 MarkII , 2 no-name brand chinese saws , and the 070S
What did she take? the 070S dammit , only 'cause it has a longer bar and the man wanted to fell a pine -
Had a talk with her when I got back home obviously, she wasn't aware of how much I cared about that Alpina , I care about that saw just as much as my 60s/70s guitars! She just wasn't aware that our neighbour is "dumber than a box of rocks - belly to boot"

Due to the fact that I've got way too much S#!t on my plate , I haven't got much time to dedicate myself to this saw , so my little neighbour will have to give me fresh cash until I'll be lucky enough to find a guy that's selling an Alpina 070S , I mean , I have a CastorC70S which is practically the same saw , different colour - but I'm picky
Guitars baby, now we are talking. Strat's Tele's and Le Paul's?

Hmmm. My wife wouldn't loan out anything in my shop to anyone, especially a neighbor. She wouldn't load one of my saws or other 2 smoke equipment out to anyone on this planet, including my son.

Someone wants to borrow a saw or trimmer or any other 2 smoke stuff? Not a problem, but it comes with an operator as well.

Back