Show us your stumps!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are cute little stumps some of you have shown in this thread.

Here's a recently created stump next to my pal Peter's house, next to Painters Lodge.
I wasn't witness to this, but apparently they had to go up that far to find decent wood in order to cut it safely. Cut in sections and lowered by crane it took some planning and good execution to get this done safely.

For years it had been cut off about 100 feet up at four feet in diameter and served as a dining table for many an Eagle. Peter's wife said she hardly had to fertilize her flowers around the base of the tree as there were always bits and pieces falling from where the Eagles dined that served that purpose.

PetersStump.JPG

Take care.

Those are cute little stumps some of you have shown in this thread.

Here's a recently created stump next to my pal Peter's house, next to Painters Lodge.
I wasn't witness to this, but apparently they had to go up that far to find decent wood in order to cut it safely. Cut in sections and lowered by crane it took some planning and good execution to get this done safely.

For years it had been cut off about 100 feet up at four feet in diameter and served as a dining table for many an Eagle. Peter's wife said she hardly had to fertilize her flowers around the base of the tree as there were always bits and pieces falling from where the Eagles dined that served that purpose.

View attachment 1059922

Take care.
Weak sauce!!!🤣🤣

Do you have any pictures of what you have done? I bet folks would really like to see them.

Are you asking for pictures of what I have done in the area of creating stumps?

Seems a rather strange request, although when I worked power saw spacing plantations back in the 70's I made thousands of stumps, all between four and eight inches in diameter, and none with any laterals left on them.

Didn't think to take pictures of them in case someone wanted to see them 47 years later.

Interesting that you and Kodiak Kid both seem to have taken issue with my joking reference to "cute little stumps" while showing a photo of a rather large one.

My belief that "conservatives" have zero sense of humour remains intact, as well as noting you will try anything to start something.

Troll much??

Take care.

Seems a rather strange request, although when I worked power saw spacing plantations back in the 70's I made thousands of stumps, all between four and eight inches in diameter, and none with any laterals left on them.

Didn't think to take pictures of them in case someone wanted to see them 47 years later.

Interesting that you and Kodiak Kid both seem to have taken issue with my joking reference to "cute little stumps" while showing a photo of a rather large one.

My belief that "conservatives" have zero sense of humour remains intact, as well as noting you will try anything to start something.

Troll much??

Take care.
I asked a very simple question but I guess it confused you. It is sad that in your confusion you cannot realize you are posting in a informational/picture thread titled ....Show us your stumps!...I think the title is pretty clear but I guess not to you.

I will add that there is a thread for political comments so you might want to visit it and not attempt to bring politics into an informational/picture thread. This is not the place for that!!

Take care
I take no offense at all 🤣🤣👍 I just think it's funny that you feel that's a huge stump in your picture! 🤣🤣🤣 You don't really think I care do you? So, you made thousands of four to eight inch stumps? Thats not a stump! Thats a trip hazard for someone that makes stumps!🤣🤣 How's that fir a sense of humor? 🤣🤣

Now then who are you to call me a conservative? You don't even know me! 🤣🤣 Take your political accusations over the the P&R thread, or show us a stump! Capiesh?👍🤣🤣

I troll For King Salmon all the time! You?

I asked a very simple question but I guess it confused you. It is sad that in your confusion you cannot realize you are posting in a informational/picture thread titled ....Show us your stumps!...I think the title is pretty clear but I guess not to you.

I will add that there is a thread for political comments so you might want to visit it and not attempt to bring politics into an informational/picture thread. This is not the place for that!!

You asked this question: "Do you have any pictures of what you have done?"

You asked this after I had posted a picture of a big stump.
I did that because I knew I was in a "Show us your stumps!" thread.
I also noted I was not involved in creating that stump, giving some information, yet you asked your question anyway.

Oh, and you, of all people, are not qualified nor sane enough to be telling other people what they can and cannot do on this site.

You are obviously not playing with a full deck, something clear to those not so afflicted, given you get owned time and time again but can never admit it.
Toxic narcissism in action.

Seek some professional help.
You obviously need some.

Take care.

You asked this question: "Do you have any pictures of what you have done?"

You asked this after I had posted a picture of a big stump.
I did that because I knew I was in a "Show us your stumps!" thread.
I also noted I was not involved in creating that stump, giving some information, yet you asked your question anyway.

Oh, and you, of all people, are not qualified nor sane enough to be telling other people what they can and cannot do on this site.

You are obviously not playing with a full deck, something clear to those not so afflicted, given you get owned time and time again but can never admit it.
Toxic narcissism in action.

Seek some professional help.
You obviously need some.

Take care.
I would be appreciated if you could keep your personal attacks and negative comments out of a fun, enjoyable, and informational thread. That is not what the thread is for and I am sure you can find your way to a thread that is more suited to your above type of behavior.

Take Care

I take no offense at all 🤣🤣👍 I just think it's funny that you feel that's a huge stump in your picture! 🤣🤣🤣 You don't really think I care do you? So, you made thousands of four to eight inch stumps? Thats not a stump! Thats a trip hazard for someone that makes stumps!🤣🤣 How's that fir a sense of humor? 🤣🤣

Now then who are you to call me a conservative? You don't even know me! 🤣🤣 Take your political accusations over the the P&R thread, or show us a stump! Capiesh?👍🤣🤣

I troll For King Salmon all the time! You?

Lots of stumps that size in Alaska??
Let's see some then.

"Weak sauce" doesn't cut it I'm afraid.

And your lack of an actual sense of humour made you seem like a "conservative".

Glad you're not one, I guess.

And I actually do troll for salmon, but we call them Tyee here when they are over 30 pounds, Chinook otherwise.
I troll from a rowboat and under strict tackle restrictions.
Here's a little one in my rowboat last year.
DSCN7412.JPG
27 1/2 lbs. Two inches too short to make 30. Rats.

Here's the tree that left the stump I posted the photo of.
Ever knock one down that big?

DSCN6485.JPG

Take care.

I would be appreciated if you could keep your personal attacks and negative comments out of a fun, enjoyable, and informational thread. That is not what the thread is for and I am sure you can find your way to a thread that is more suited to your above type of behavior.

Take Care

Seriously doubt my actions will make you appreciated at all.
Certainly not by anyone who matters anyway.

LMAO

You nutty teachers crack me up.

Take care.

Let's see some then.

And I actually do troll for salmon, but we call them Tyee here when they are over 30 pounds, Chinook otherwise.
View attachment 1060906

Even knock one down that big?

View attachment 1060907

Take care.

You sound really fun.

Let's see some then.

View attachment 1060906

Even knock one down that big?

View attachment 1060907

Take care.
Is this one big enough?
The tree that came off this stump. I tipped over last night after supper. Then had the kids pose fir a photo. All, 🤔 well however many you see there. a9fe82502b0339549437d0aadb14de8a_58519432293948(1).jpg
My Squaw didn't want me to cut it down but she said it was blocking the sun from her rock garden. Heck I don't know. 🤷 I just do what I'm told. Arguing with my Squaw is a fools errand.

Now, let me make this clear, so next time you show someone that picture of your friends "Staub". It will at least sound like you have a half ass clue as to what you are referencing. 🙄Even though you don't.
When a cut or sheared off trunk protrudes that far up out of the ground. It is no longer a tree nor is it a stump. It is a "Staub". A staub can be either sound or a rotten Snag.

Now, do you understand what a staub is?

Never knocked one down, but I've tipped a few over once or twice.
Me at 19 year old.
Resized_IMG_20220606_012657604_51726718223543.jpeg

Me at 46 STIHL doing it.
Resized_IMG_20220712_070806016_HDR_53086135743701.jpeg

🤔Unless this counts as knocking one down?🤷

Up here we call them Kings, because in Alaska. They are the are the Kings of all salmon.
I've caught a few myself.
Resized_IMG_20230202_183946772_HDR_52041668666177.jpeg

Now your saying I'm not a conservative!!! What exactly is it? That makes you feel you know me or something???

Keep your political BS out of this thread! Take it to P&R and take your weak a** sauce with it! 🤣🤣

Now, before you go any further.
You sure you wanna to ride this train?

P.S. Nice King you have there, because any King is a nice King!🤣

pix likes those confirm i do need a King AKA vaca and soon... lol 👍

whacked on some stumps myself other day, as a matter of fact. tree felling. banana trees! real POS, PITA SOBS at times. especially when 9-10" trunks are stuck between structures. full of sauce! they suck up water, fill those big cells... then whence it gets cold and freezes... all he** breaks loose on the thaw! (break up)

last pix is stump that had to be taken out in sev chunks and 1/2x 2/3" slices at a time. eventually, i won!!! :numberone:

cold :givebeer: FTW!~

P1010011.JPGP1010012.JPGP1010013.JPGP1010016.JPGP1010011.JPGP1010012.JPGP1010013.JPGP1010016.JPGP1010011.JPGP1010012.JPGP1010013.JPGP1010016.JPGP1010011.JPGP1010012.JPGP1010013.JPGP1010016.JPG

Latest posts

Back