Silver Wing 5'x9' Trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hexa Fox

The Fox Rocks!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my neighbor is selling a little Silver Wing trailer he has had for many years. It has been sitting in his yard. The good news is it is an aluminum trailer so hoping there is not much rot. Anyway he said he would like to get $1,500 for it and I messaged him and offered him $1,000 and so far all I got was he was pretty firm on the price. I will post the link at the bottom of this post so you guys can take a look. I would love to get some feedback. This community has been so very awesome so far.

As many of you know I just purchased a County Line log splitter from Tractor Supply. This little trailer would be perfect for that purpose. However, I do not want to spend this kind of money just to be able to transport my log splitter greater distances. What I would really like it for is to move my Ferris around. The problem is I am getting close to maxing this trailer out in more than one sense. It has a 2,000lbs axle and the trailer weighs 450lbs. So you have a little more than 1,500lbs to work with. So my Ferris weighs around 1,200lbs and has an overall deck width (widest item) of 56". So I am going to be left with around 300lbs of overall weight capacity and a couple inches on each side of leeway. I have already gotten feedback and it has varied greatly to say the least.

I have another mower that is much lighter and is setup for mulching. It has an overall deck length of 57" but my major concern is my Ferris. I have been fortunate enough to keep a lot of my lawn maintenance customers local but have recently started driving my Ferris to a lot of properties and dreaming of having a trailer. I have always wanted something much larger with brakes but not in the market right now because of obvious reasons. I also feel this would be a great place to start for me, especially if my Ferris will fit on it. I took a picture of the trailer in his yard. For anyone that remembers this is the same guy wanting to give the tractor away. They have had this load of wood on it that they want to keep. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as always.

https://silverwingtrailers.com/product/sw9ftrailer

Attachments

• Image (9).jpeg
    Image (9).jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back