So bought a chinese saw (holz g070)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's logical.

Haven't done a crank seal replacement yet; so it will be a learning experience.

I'll probably teflon the adjustment screws to ensure they're not just shaking out; and grab a new filter and line; then plan to replace the seals.

I've not noticed any play in the clutch or flywheel; but I'll check them later today.

Super xl again today... So refilled it, richened up the L maybe 1/16 Turn before starting it... reduced idle throttle a tad when it idled... did one cut... felt rich, leaned H a 1/8 turn. Cut 2.... too lean... 1/16 richer high. Finished the log, 3or 4 more cuts. Decided to do rotate test... rpms dropped slowly when rotated to the right. Did one more log now 15 mins or so running... rotating stopped affecting rpm. Shut it down for a few minutes. Top off gas, Start it up and do one more log. running like a champ. Other than maybe being a little more finite when adjusting tuning, really didn't do anything different today. Maybe fuel line starting to clear up some obstruction as I get fresh gas through it? Maybe the fix to the carb lever arm had to sit awhile to settle in? Dumb luck and it'll be back to being finicky tomorrow? Who knows, but ran great today.

Rebuilt the carb for the 1130 G, the rebuild kit did not include the parts for the regulator in the carb, so hopefully it's not stuck open like I hear they have a tendency to become. If it is then I'll have to order those parts or a new carburetor.

I thought that the gas tank was clean, but it was just dry. There was some black tar like substance accumulated at the bottom and stuck to the fuel filter so I am going to buy a new fuel filter. I chiseled as much of that stuff out as I could now I'm giving the tank a rinse with gas and trying to scrub off the last of it. It's a texture of clay and sticky, just like tar.

Once the fuel filter gets here I'll be able to see if the carb works or if I need to replace that regulating assembly inside it.

1130g:

So gear box was drained... with just a dab of oil when I dumped it that seemed pretty clean/new.

Took a TON of oil to fill... big ol gear box.

I spilled some; so not sure, but possibly a slow leak out the sprocket side... was oily after filling... or maybe I just spilled some there. Gonna let it sit and check later to confirm.

Checked Spark, Good.

Fired it on mix in carb, Good.

Fuel line fell off the tank barb while I was shaking out the rinse gas, so definitely needs new fuel line and filter. Ordered.

Took the week off for the holiday... so been getting some milling done. I'm happy with the holzfforma g070 on the mill for now. Starts in 4 pulls and no problems except the occasional screw or bolt still Jostling loose if I let the rakers get too high...

Got the fuel line and filter for the 1130g and started to dismantle the tank to get at the fuel outlet barb... two screws were siezed so I drilled them out... then removed it to access the bottom screws and noticed the plug that means I dont have to open up the tank... so a bit mad at myself for scuffing up the tank trying to remove the screws now. Anyway, the gasket on that plug was fully disintegrated, so I stuck an o ring and if that leaks, I'll need to cut a gasket for there.... also my outside line was wrong size (bought 5/16 need 1/4)... so waiting on replacement line, then check for leaks, reinstall and see if it's working.

I have 2 logs that I'll need this saw (with its 44inch bar) to slab out... but otherwise, the 070 has finished up the massive silver maple I was working on.

Still haven't tuned the pm177, will probably take an hour in early December to take it out and get it tuned.

So the gas tank leaked from the seam... could be because I tried drilling out some of the screws; but after a NIGHTMARE of a time getting the rest of the screws out; the gasket was half missing it was so destroyed.

But I DID finally get it apart... Unfortunately; getting the stuck screws out did chip off a bit of the tank around one... so now I have to attempt to repair that with some Steelstick. That should be here tomorrow...

Then once that's done, I have to cut out a replacement gasket and replace all the screws and get this thing put back together and HOPEFULLY it won't leak.

So the patches are done... Just gotta let them dry, some sanding and make sure the screws all still line up.
Gasket material should be here early next week then I can cut the gasket and get it all reassembled and check if the leaks are gone.
Got some red enamel paint just to protect the areas I sanded and cover up the patch... don't care so much if it's a perfect match... Rustoleum gloss red... probably close enough I won't notice a difference.

Latest posts

Back