So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemsonfor

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm not trying to start an oil war or super long post but I know there is a good chance I do.

I need to buy some more and want to know what folks are useing. Several years back I used some bel rat, the. Uses a few quarts of amsoil, then got some Lucas but quit when someone told me it left their says dryer and less oily residue than other worse oils so I quit useing it. I got a qt of Raiseman semi syn that I just used up last I mixed. I am going to have to use the last of the Lucas that I have untill I buy something else and was wondering what folks are useing these days.

I use husky 2t oil in everything that’s 2t. I stick with the manufacturers oil.

On the dirtbikes it’s maxima super synthetic blend for nickasil cylinders and maxima 927 for castiron sleeves, castor synthetic blend.

Before those I posted I had used we real quarts of the husky xp plus or whatever you could buy in black bottle with blue label from Lowe's. It's semi synthetic. But I had several well known guys that were and may still be here and also on another forum we all probably know tell me that stuff was terrible and coked up saws worse than anything they have used. I quit it after that. Don't want to deal with that even though I didn't think I had a problem with it up till that point .

I gave my son a new poulan wild thing about 20 years ago. When he bought a house. He had brush piled up the size of a small three bedroom ranch house.
He used his left over super maxima 34:1 dirtbike mix. I thought this saw wouldn’t last, today it still runs. It makes me think about what’s more important the brand of oil or the mix ratio?

Latest posts

Back