So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schaeffer's 7000 boat oil 40/1
View attachment 925184
At least 8 gallons through this 372
The tree monkey turned me on to this 4 year's
I gave my son a new poulan wild thing about 20 years ago. When he bought a house. He had brush piled up the size of a small three bedroom ranch house.
He used his left over super maxima 34:1 dirtbike mix. I thought this saw wouldn’t last, today it still runs. It makes me think about what’s more important the brand of oil or the mix ratio?
Dirt bike oil is fine. That's what most of the saw builders and guys really into racing and milling seem to use.

Husky LS+ 50:1 Wouldn't have a clue whether it's better or worse as a lubricant but by trial and error found it makes my 2 stroke motors' exhaust smell least objectionable.
That's the same oil that many including a well respected saw builder told me is the worst and cokes up engines. Like I said I used it for several years, quarts of the stuff without issue. After several said that I quit. The guy doesn't seem to have brand loyalty and also has torn more saws down in a week than I will in my life.

That's the same oil that many including a well respected saw builder told me is the worst and cokes up engines. Like I said I used it for several years, quarts of the stuff without issue. After several said that I quit. The guy doesn't seem to have brand loyalty and also has torn more saws down in a week than I will in my life.
If you were using husky oil at 32:1 it will choke up your saw,
as far as saw builder saying it is the worst is probably more of a bias against
I like it when guys use 32:1 and/or tc-w oils, it was just more repairs and new sales.

If you were using husky oil at 32:1 it will choke up your saw,
as far as saw builder saying it is the worst is probably more of a bias against
I like it when guys use 32:1 and/or tc-w oils, it was just more repairs and new sales.
My saw is tuned for 32:1. But no I have no coking issues. Not a single problem, no fouled spark plugs, nothing. I'm not a tree service guy or anything. Nor do I live in a subdivision and run a pint of mix though my Poulan in a year. I use a decent amount of mix a year though.

Apart from my saws I run that Husky oil in my brush cutters and various other two stroke motors on rural acreage. Oddly enough none of my motors seem to have "coked up" and they get a fair amount of use and I do my own meticulous maintenance. Maybe your saw builder friend gets "coked up" a bit too often

I'd use supertech Walmart oil before Stihl or husky oils
I've never had to Dremel out residue in a supertech run engine
Or had stuck rings with it.
There some recent reviews from folks that said it seized their engines. On supposedly ran a landscape type biz from the sound of it. I mean unless he started that morning I assume he knew how to mix oil??? I always take those comments with a grain of salt, like they put 2 gallons instead of 1 with the oil or they leaned it out or it was coked up from a restricted air filter running out rich.

Nothing smells as good as the castor oil for older two strokes. The 927 maxima is a castor synthetic blend.
Redline is close. I use their AllSport which is a low ash synthetic oil, at 50:1. I have also used it in off road motorcycles. The engines look good when disassembled. Saws are mildly tuned, having a small fraction of the HP/CC of off road motorcycles. They do not need the same amount of oil.

MLM is just another way to rip people off thus no Amsoil here. Even if I could know for sure I was buying from a real dealer I don't want to encourage the company.

Apart from my saws I run that Husky oil in my brush cutters and various other two stroke motors on rural acreage. Oddly enough none of my motors seem to have "coked up" and they get a fair amount of use and I do my own meticulous maintenance. Maybe your saw builder friend gets "coked up" a bit too often
Not a friend but I read posts he does. Anyone here knows who it is I am sure. No it's not the builder that got coked up and screwed a bunch of people. Like I said I never met the guy, actually did business with him for a small transaction, but I sold him some things.

Anyway I don't see why the guy would lie. Again I also said I had used many quarts of the stuff without issue.

I have heard really good things about red armor echo oil. It's on Amazon by the gallon for a good price that still is many years of oil for me and I'd rather not spend $60 today on oil. I also like semi synthetic having heard that the dino oil base sticks around longer on parts when a saw may sit up for expltended periods.

Motul 800 2T 100% Synthetic Off Road 2-Stroke Engine Oil 40:1
Same, I started out at 40:1 but I have moved up to 50:1 and haven't seen any difference but I haven't put a ton of hours on the engines since going to 50:1.

I ran Castrol 927 (Love the smell of it when running a saw) for years and never had an issue, the only thing I didn't like about Castrol was the fact they didn't put dye in it so you had to be careful. I ended up getting lamp oil dye so there was color to my mix and I couldn't accidentally straight gas a engine.

Isn’t the rule of thumb and FD rated will do the job just fine? I’ve been using Stihl Super and Ultra but just bought some Motul 710 and Mobil 1 racing 2T. Haven’t used them yet, I’m going to try a few different FD oils and stick to the one which smells the best.
I tried the Mobil1 2T, it did not burn clean for me at 40:1 on a fat tuned saw where Echo
Power Blend did better, just saying, maybe a good oil at 50:1 or for those who like to run on the edge of whats safe.

Back