So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VP Racing makes the Echo Red Armor oil for them. I think Red Armor just changed their recipe but the VP stuff is great. Walmart does a clearance in the fall and I clear their shelves out. Was buying the 16 oz for $1.71 last week. I'm a hobbyist but I re-build saws so I have a little experience with it. Unfortunately I live in an area that forces us to use ethanol. I run pre-mix in the winter when they are more likely to sit for an extended period. Try the VP.
I find that unlikely as VP doesn't even produce the two cycle oil sold at Walmart.
And I just looked Red Armour is produced by Phillips 66.

I find that unlikely as VP doesn't even produce the two cycle oil sold at Walmart.
And I just looked Red Armour is produced by Phillips 66.
Vp does not make the walmart brand 2 cycle oil, some walmarts sell vp brand 2 cycle oil...sadly none sell it here or I would help clear the shelves when they go on sale in the fall.

Vp does not make the walmart brand 2 cycle oil, some walmarts sell vp brand 2 cycle oil...sadly none sell it here or I would help clear the shelves when they go on sale in the fall.
I don't believe it was claimed that VP produces the Walmart brand 2 stroke oil. I think that it was claimed that VP doesn't even make its own branded oil sold at Walmart.

From what I can tell they do not manufacture much themselves but do the research then contract out the manufacture/bottling. Im wanting to try their bar oil
I highly doubt the do any research either. They simply contract with another company to bottle oil for them with their label.
Amsoil likewise doesn't produce a single drop of oil.
I work for an oil company and our branded two cycle oil isn't even made by us.

I highly doubt the do any research either. They simply contract with another company to bottle oil for them with their label.
Amsoil likewise doesn't produce a single drop of oil.
I work for an oil company and our branded two cycle oil isn't even made by us.
Yea I agree. I'm sure Walmart does ZERO research for two stroke oil other than they look what the spec is and contract that out to a bottler/distributor to bottle an oil that meets such specs and put it in this color bottle with this label.

Yea I agree. I'm sure Walmart does ZERO research for two stroke oil other than they look what the spec is and contract that out to a bottler/distributor to bottle an oil that meets such specs and put it in this color bottle with this label.
I doubt they have anyone that even knows what the applicable specs are. I imagine they just put out a bid/RFP and the cheapest vendor wins. Or they have a vendor that supplies all their lubricants on a open contract and it's filled that way.
Warren use to make all Walmarts lubes. It actually wasn't terrible stuff either.

I'm not trying to start an oil war or super long post but I know there is a good chance I do.

I need to buy some more and want to know what folks are useing. Several years back I used some bel rat, the. Uses a few quarts of amsoil, then got some Lucas but quit when someone told me it left their says dryer and less oily residue than other worse oils so I quit useing it. I got a qt of Raiseman semi syn that I just used up last I mixed. I am going to have to use the last of the Lucas that I have untill I buy something else and was wondering what folks are useing these days.
I have tried many over the years but I have been using the Amsoil Saber for several years now with non ethanol gas and haven't had any fuel line, carb or primer bulb issues since.

I know everything on the interweb is 100% true... But a lot of people have said/confirmed VP makes or made Red Armour... Looks the same to me. Thats what I said in my original post, not that they made Walmarts brand. ............ 1632673749619.png

I know everything on the interweb is 100% true... But a lot of people have said/confirmed VP makes or made Red Armour... Looks the same to me. Thats what I said in my original post, not that they made Walmarts brand. ............ View attachment 931526
To be clear the VP branded oil pictured above and as sold by Walmart is not made by VP. It's made by Lubrication Technologies. Red Armor is made by Phillips 66. This info is easily found out by looking at the msds sheets for each. In regards to oil the comments most guys make online are pure garbage.
I wouldn't be certain the Red Armors formulation has been changed either. MSDS only show components that are toxic and often esters are not.

To be clear the VP branded oil pictured above and as sold by Walmart is not made by VP. It's made by Lubrication Technologies. Red Armor is made by Phillips 66. This info is easily found out by looking at the msds sheets for each. In regards to oil the comments most guys make online are pure garbage.
I wouldn't be certain the Red Armors formulation has been changed either. MSDS only show components that are toxic and often esters are not.
So what does VP make then in 2 cycle?

https://vpracingfuels.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/2-Cycle-Full-Synthetic-Oil-Product-Sheet.pdf

Back