So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like my conclusion with saber i tried a few years ago it sooty in the port but left a nasty looking flakey scale on top of the piston
Saber , is one of the cleanest oils on the market when mixed as recommended (50:1 to 100:1) , in a saw of reasonable state of repair & properly tuned to application !

No, it's not... you are totally wrong per usual.
In a refinery we take products and transform them from gas to liquids and from liquids to gas on a regular basis. They don't change chemical composition. Just like condensing steam back to water doesn't result in in splitting the h2o molecule into hydrogen and water. To do that you need to break the molecular bonds with electrolysis.
This is basic stuff...
Well aware of the sensible & latent heat of steam & condensate Ben . Lets try sticking to oil as previously requested !

No, it's not... you are totally wrong per usual.
In a refinery we take products and transform them from gas to liquids and from liquids to gas on a regular basis. They don't change chemical composition. Just like condensing steam back to water doesn't result in in splitting the h2o molecule into hydrogen and water. To do that you need to break the molecular bonds with electrolysis.
This is basic stuff...
Have worked on Oil Spitting during many oil recycling campaigns from routine Morgoil grade oils to Heavy Bunker C-5 & C-6 . Have to run it through 150 # Saturated Steam heat exchanger system to the even get it to flow to the Centrifuge for splitting & separation of contaminants . The Morgoil lubrication oil though was even worse, it takes on a high sulphur content that really stinks when brought up to temperature in storage in vented to atmosphere bulk tanks. Stihl Ultra smells like Channel #12 in comparison . P.S. you should have worked in a Distillery , lots of benefits in fugitive emissions there , and squeaky clean environment ! That's it for my contribution to this oil thread . Enjoy yourselves !

It's a great improvement in race fuel where its still used to this day.
It did have issues environmental wise when it got into ground water from leaky fuel tanks. Although the root of the problem was the leaky tanks, not the Mtbe.
Can you produce an MSDS of a race fuel with MTBE as an ingredient....From THIS decade?!
Why would any race fuel producer choose MTBE when Ethanol has twice the oxygen content?

Can you produce an MSDS of a race fuel with MTBE as an ingredient....From THIS decade?!
Why would any race fuel producer choose MTBE when Ethanol has twice the oxygen content?
Any of the VP oxy fuels.
Because ethanol has many negative properties for a two stroke. Especially one that's on and off the throttle.

Any of the VP oxy fuels.
Because ethanol has many negative properties for a two stroke. Especially one that's on and off the throttle.
Again, more conjecture! What negative properties? What proof can you offer to back your claims? You incessantly make claims, insist that they are facts, and get "Torqued" when you are challenged about them. Your level of narcissism is off the charts!

I find it suspect when a company can't be honest about the ingredients of its products. All sorts of nastiness in this S.H.I.T. , I have never purchased a VP product and now I never will!
Opera Snapshot_2022-01-28_234029_VP race fuel.png

MTBE is very safe. It's actually used as a medicine in the treatment of kidney stones.
Actually, no it's not used in the treatment of Kidney Stones.
It is used in the treatment of Gallstones. And its use is quite limited at that.

image_2022-01-29_003205.png

Attachments

• WJG-25-5936 Gallstone treatment MTBE.pdf
    18.3 MB · Views: 0
Actually, no it's not used in the treatment of Kidney Stones.
It is used in the treatment of Gallstones. And its use is quite limited at that.

View attachment 960284
Good points LoneOak , your again correct . Many medical treatment are evasive & incure an element of risk & potential side effects . Not something you want to deliberately expose yourself to . Coumadin ( warfarin) used for yrs to control thrombosis ( blood clots) is now considered a Carcinogenic agent . Anyhow there are numerous physical & chemical agents that have the potential for Carcinogenic / Mutgenic (DNA changes) / Terotegenic ( fetal effects ) on humans . Let alone environmental impacts . Many environmental studies eventually include the Toxiclogical & biological route of entry components , Inhalation , Absorbtion & Injestion for a reason . I appreciate the benefits of a good oil application , however not at the risk to health or the environment . Thanks for your imput brother !

OMC outboards tried the 100 to 1 mix ratio but it did not last long I have several Yamaha outboards but I mix 50 to 1.
Anyhow guys in your heated debates remember
Your only as smart as the person your debating with.
I used some one elses quote.To them I say thanks it is so true.
Kash
Yeah Yamaha also did the same in 1997 with their fishing / trolling sized outboard . I had a 4hp & 35 hp that both were recommended with. in the owners manual & within the engine cowling " 100:1 Yamaha 2T oil " . I believe it may have continued with the 40 hp , 50 hp & 60 hp outboard S in that model yr . I believe they then went on to the Precision-Blend injector system in 98 .

Good points LoneOak , your again correct . Many medical treatment are evasive & incure an element of risk & potential side effects . Not something you want to deliberately expose yourself to . Coumadin ( warfarin) used for yrs to control thrombosis ( blood clots) is now considered a Carcinogenic agent . Anyhow there are numerous physical & chemical agents that have the potential for Carcinogenic / Mutgenic (DNA changes) / Terotegenic ( fetal effects ) on humans . Let alone environmental impacts . Many environmental studies eventually include the Toxiclogical & biological route of entry components , Inhalation , Absorbtion & Injestion for a reason . I appreciate the benefits of a good oil application , however not at the risk to health or the environment . Thanks for your imput brother !
More verbal diarrhea. And warfarin is still in use BTW.

Back