Solo 650VA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcorradi

Arboristsite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi there,

I found a local guy that wants to sell this saw, but I don't know anything about them. I've seen and boughten a lot of saws, but have never seen this Solo model. Even if I search online, I can't find too much information on it. I'm not sure if they were primarily sold in Europe or if they really didn't sell many at all. He does have the air cleaner parts that are missing in the picture also. Any information would be appreciated.

solo650VA.jpg

Solo is a German manufacturer who builds great saws but never really committed to jump through the hoops for the US market. There were a few dealers in the NE and NW part of the country, their saws were generally very good performers.

Perhaps the most famous or infamous saw was the twin cylinder 611. There were 100 and 110 cc versions of that one, they do sound sweet when they are running.

This is a 610VA, a sort of top handle saw. that appears to be similar vintage to your 650 pictured above.

IMG_1214.JPG

This is a 642 I have waiting for attention, also appears to be similar in design and vintage to the 650. The 642 is 106cc and rated at 9 HP.

20200617_171953.jpg

This is my 100 cc version of the twin. The flywheel cover is supposed to be red but the magnesium has oxidized to such a nice hue I hate to disturb it.

IMG_5105.JPG

62s.jpg

I have been know to break the starter on mine in public. That starter, by the way, is a rather complicated affair on the right hand side of the saw behind the clutch.

DSC06741.JPG

Mike Acres site has one listed as 650AV but I suspect it is really your 650 VA saw, 62 cc advertised as 6 HP.

1619185541959.png

Mark

Thanks a lot Mark that is extremely helpful information. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to the posting.

Latest posts

Back