• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Solo 654.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This saw was a pleasure to work on, and is in nice shape.
I pulled the muffler and at first glance the piston appeared to be significantly scored by carbon, but I took a pointy piece of plastic and rubbed it along the bottom of the piston and it was smooth. Then rubbed the ring area of the piston, and had a few scratches, but was mostly smooth. Appears to be mostly blemishing rather than scratches. Compression felt good also.

Anyway, I squirted some pre-mix into the carb, and it fired right up and ran strong. Felt like good compression. I see no need to replace the piston.
Everything looks intact and in good shape on the saw. Chain brake works good. Really interesting saw. Cushion on the top handle is torn a bit on the bottom portion. One of the bar stud nuts is missing. Accepting offers.

Attachments

• DSC08277.JPG
    DSC08277.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC08299.JPG
    DSC08299.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back