• Notice to all BUYERS. You are buying at your own risk. If you do not know the seller then please be cautious and look for suspicious activity. If they ask you to mail a check/money order or pay with PayPal using the Friends and Family option, that is a RED FLAG. Your purchase will not be protected. Only pay with credit card or PayPal using the goods and services options. Do not fall for the excuse that they don't want to pay the PayPal fees. They need to account for that in their sales price.
  • To all USERS that think they need to police the site. New users that come to sell items are not always selling stolen merchandise. No vigilante or lynch mob mentality is permitted. You will be given infraction points if you accuse someone of selling stolen merchandise without hard evidence. You must have the stolen item report with a serial number and/or pictures that match the for sale item to make such accusations. Alert the moderators with your evidence and they will take care of any transgressions. If you do not you will be given enough points for a 3 day time out.

Sold Solo 654.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm selling this nice Solo 654 for $65 plus shipping.

This saw was a pleasure to work on, and is in nice shape.
I pulled the muffler and at first glance the piston appeared to be significantly scored by carbon, but I took a pointy piece of plastic and rubbed it along the bottom of the piston and it was smooth. Then rubbed the ring area of the piston, and had a few scratches, but was mostly smooth. Appears to be mostly blemishing rather than scratches. Compression felt good also.
It has a plastic cleanable cartridge air cleaner, and it was filthy inside and out. I think what happened is the saw was stalling, and when he took it to the shop, they pulled the muffler, saw the blemishes, and told him it was scored... when all it really needed was an air filter cleaning, and possibly a carb kit.

Anyway, I squirted some pre-mix into the carb, and it fired right up and ran strong. Felt like good compression. I see no need to replace the piston, but if you had to, I saw a new one on Ebay for $20.32.
Everything looks intact and in good shape on the saw. Chain brake works good. Really interesting saw. Cushion on the top handle is torn a bit on the bottom portion. One of the bar stud nuts is missing.

Attachments

• DSC08277.JPG
    DSC08277.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC08299.JPG
    DSC08299.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC08288.JPG
    DSC08288.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC08276.JPG
    DSC08276.JPG