ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Gold Clip Capital
Traverse Creek Inc

Some WTF pics.....

Mattyo

Mattyo

Youtube Speciawist
Ah, yes. But you didn't answer the question. Let's try that again.

"What is the matrix filling the gap between the teeth? This just doesn't look normal, and I've never watched a veneering, so I don't know the process. The teeth look cemented together.

I'll bet that doesn't help the gingivitis at all."

Ok.... this is mid prep on natural teeth. This is the beginning of the tooth preparation process. Once the teeth are fully prepped the remaining structure doesn't touch. The veneer is designed to touch each other once cemented. Does that help?

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.

Hey Grizz! So far as I know, you are the most expert in this thread concerning bicycle laws...

Who is at fault?
1. Looks like a legal turn.
2. All traffic proceeding forward, the light must be green.
3. Bicycle clearly should have seen the truck turning.
4. We don't know if that is a dedicated bicycle lane, but I doubt it. Looks like a pedestrian crossing.

I suspect the law mandates that the vehicle yield to any pedestrians on that crosswalk, but I don't know about bicycles. It might be argued that the bicycle over-ran the legally turning vehicle.

What's the verdict? Hang the driver, or push the whining cyclist aside?

Mattyo

Mattyo

Youtube Speciawist
Ok.... this is mid prep on natural teeth. This is the beginning of the tooth preparation process. Once the teeth are fully prepped the remaining structure doesn't touch. The veneer is designed to touch each other once cemented. Does that help?
This is a completed prep....

Attachments

• Final-Preps-Web1-367x189.jpg
    Final-Preps-Web1-367x189.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 39
SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Some States consider automobiles and places of work as covered under Castle Doctrine. If she opened the car door uninvited in one of those States…shame on her. Otherwise, yeah probably.
A motor cyclist thought the car used lanes wrong. Next light pulled open door reached in a caught a bullet out of .380.
Prosecuting attorney went thru that road section a few times. Car was operated correct in lane , motorcyclists wrong. Castle rule prevailed either way. Not sure if any operation tickets issued to the bikers! He had to cover all his own med bills from bullet

GrizG

GrizG

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Grizz! So far as I know, you are the most expert in this thread concerning bicycle laws...

Who is at fault?
1. Looks like a legal turn.
2. All traffic proceeding forward, the light must be green.
3. Bicycle clearly should have seen the truck turning.
4. We don't know if that is a dedicated bicycle lane, but I doubt it. Looks like a pedestrian crossing.

I suspect the law mandates that the vehicle yield to any pedestrians on that crosswalk, but I don't know about bicycles. It might be argued that the bicycle over-ran the legally turning vehicle.

What's the verdict? Hang the driver, or push the whining cyclist aside?
It looks like a bicycle lane (red) next to a pedestrian crossing (white bars). It also looks like there are traffic control devices for both the motor vehicle traffic and for the bicycle and pedestrian lanes. There was no bicycle however... the rider was on a motorized scooter. It is hard to say for sure who was at fault as we don't know the state of all of the traffic control devices. We also don't know where this occurred and how motorized scooters are classified there and where they are allowed to ride. In that locale it could be that turning traffic is supposed to yield to through traffic. The NY V&T definition of traffic is: Pedestrians, ridden or herded animals, vehicles, bicycles, and other conveyances either singly or together while using any highway for purposes of travel. Also, in some countries motor vehicles are automatically assumed to be in the wrong if they hit pedestrians, cyclists, etc. My guess is that the scooter rider probably was in the wrong... but due to the lack of information that is a guess.