ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Gold Clip Capital
Traverse Creek Inc

Some WTF pics.....

pdqdl

pdqdl

Old enough to know better.

Skarioptix regis
I'm just funnin' y'all! The common name for that genus & species might be "King of the scary optics" You probably thought I was serious didn't you?

Did you look it up on Google only to discover that I was wrong? ...and then you quoted me, only to discover this hidden line. GOTCHA!

pdqdl

pdqdl

Ok. Maybe it's a lancetfish instead of a Skarioptix regis. :laugh: Wikipedia says this about them:

"Lancetfishes are large oceanic predatory fishes in the genus Alepisaurus ("scaleless lizard") in the monotypic family Alepisauridae.[2]
Lancetfishes grow up to 2 m (6.6 ft) in length. Very little is known about their biology, though they are widely distributed in all oceans, except the polar seas.[3] Specimens have been recorded as far north as Greenland.[4] They are often caught as bycatch for vessels long-lining for tuna."​
Here's another lancetfish:

1631664709943.png

USS Lancetfish (SS-296)​

Quite possibly the sorriest, poorest excuse for any US naval vessel ever built. It was launched on 15 August 1943, and through a series of unfortunate circumstances, it was sold for scrap for $57,189 on 20 August 1959 having never gone to sea on patrol.

So much for naming it after a savage deep sea predatory fish.

pdqdl

pdqdl

Sorry, but your double rainbow is 'shopped. The outer rainbow always has a reverse order of colors to it, the light having reflected around the inside of each droplet twice instead of once. On top of that, a rainbow always has the sun directly behind the camera or observer. Look at the shadows on the roofs in the picture, and you will see that the sun is far to the right of the camera.

As far as that goes, I've never seen a tulip farm on anything but flat ground, but I guess it's possble. Unfortunately, the shadows on those tulips looks to me like they are illuminated by a sun to the left of the camera. In every rainbow pic, ALL the shadows will be pointing at the center of the rainbow. If not... It's a fake.

I think you've been duped, man. That being said, it is a very lovely picture.

See for yourself: the real thing.
1631665713264.png

Attachments

• 1631665146300.png
    1631665146300.png
    4 MB · Views: 33
pdqdl

pdqdl

from a guy thats living in exile

Yeah, well he probably wouldn't be alive at all if he wasn't "in exile". The Chinese still want to get their hands on him pretty badly, as he is somewhat the leader of any Tibetan independence movement. I think it is pretty well known that China would have "re-educated" him to death.

1631668941407.png
"The 14th Dalai Lama was not formally enthroned until 17 November 1950, during the Battle of Chamdo with the People's Republic of China. On 18 April 1959, the 14th Dalai Lama issued statement that in 1951, the Dalai Lama and the Tibetan government were pressured into accepting the Seventeen Point Agreement for the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet by which it became formally incorporated into the People's Republic of China. The United States already informed the Dalai Lama in 1951 that in order to receive assistance and support from the United States, he must depart from Tibet and publicly disavow "agreements concluded under duress" between the representatives of Tibet and China. Fearing for his life in the wake of a revolt in Tibet in 1959, the 14th Dalai Lama fled to India, from where he led a government in exile"​

1631668482825.png
The Apr. 20, 1959, cover of TIME

If'n you have any anti-China sentiments, then you ought to be pretty pro-Dalai Lama. He's been taking the fight directly to them for 70 years now.