Some WTF pics.....

Help Support ArboristSite:

kevin j

kevin j

Addicted to ArboristSite
No reason for that. The engineers thought up a stupid plan to power a high pressure rail system with a hydraulic pump. I would bet you that a mechanical pump driven off a gear drive would be much stronger and more reliable. They could still use the same stupid high pressure rail system with all the electronics, and the EPA wouldn't care.
Not really. Diesel injection isn’t just a high pressure pump triggered by the cam or the even electronic. It’s a very specifically shaped injection pulse based on load and temperature and RPM, not just a sine wave anymore either. The old Detroit diesel two strokes were about a simple as it could get but they essentially squirted in some fuel in a certain point in the cycle and that was it. Not today. Very specific shaped injection waveform that changes with conditions. the only way to do it is through the computer control so therefore the high-pressure rail controlling the injection. Gasoline engines are a different animal because the compression and combustion pressures are so much lower so they can have pure electronic fuel injectors that can be computer controlled.

stillhunter

stillhunter

Addicted to ArboristSite
View attachment 945903

I've been known to play the trumpet when driving, but you only need one hand for that.

many years ago I was in rush hour traffic on I-40. I looked at a driver to my left as I passed him and he was playing a flute w both hands, steering w his knees.He also had a clipboard attached to the steering wheel w a page of sheet music clamped to it.

lowandslow
Good eye!

Here's an authentic fake Nimitz-class Iranian aircraft carrier picture:
View attachment 945825

Shucks! Even the Iranians knew the flight control tower belongs on the starboard side. :innocent:
"Iran built a large-scale dummy US Navy aircraft carrier in 2013-14. And then dramatically destroyed it in war games in February 2015. It was hit by missiles, rockets and even an explosive boat similar to those now used in Yemen. Images of its demise was the propaganda highlight of the ‘Great Prophet IX’ exercises. But it wasn’t truly destroyed, and has been outside the major naval base at Bandar Abbas since then. Recently it has been repaired and may be destined for another explosive demonstration soon. But it’s resemblance to a US Navy aircraft carrier is only fleeting"​

View attachment 945826

It lacks any proper insignias or numbering, though. I wonder if they bothered to put a US flag on it when they started shooting at it. Maybe they named it the "Lexington", since it seems to have recovered from having been sunk.

USS Lexington: "The Japanese reported LEXINGTON sunk no less than four times! Yet, each time she returned to fight again, leading the propagandist Tokyo Rose to nickname her “The Blue Ghost.” The name is a tribute to the ship and the crew and air groups that served aboard her."

View attachment 945833

View attachment 945834

She came to fight, too! How often do you see 8" ship-killing guns on an aircraft carrier?
View attachment 945835
Tokyo Rose was just a cute American college girl later pardoned.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iva_Toguri_D%27Aquino

lowandslow
Not really. Diesel injection isn’t just a high pressure pump triggered by the cam or the even electronic. It’s a very specifically shaped injection pulse based on load and temperature and RPM, not just a sine wave anymore either. The old Detroit diesel two strokes were about a simple as it could get but they essentially squirted in some fuel in a certain point in the cycle and that was it. Not today. Very specific shaped injection waveform that changes with conditions. the only way to do it is through the computer control so therefore the high-pressure rail controlling the injection. Gasoline engines are a different animal because the compression and combustion pressures are so much lower so they can have pure electronic fuel injectors that can be computer controlled.
A new pump can cost 10k. More than my last 5 cars.

Tannerbob

Tannerbob

ArboristSite Operative
A new pump can cost 10k. More than my last 5 cars.

That’s the whole fuel injection system. From the tank to the injectors and the return line back to the tank. Not just the pump. I’m not justifying it cause that is extremely expensive but that’s not 10k for a fuel pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts