Source for northeast grown B&B trees - not sure if right forum?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexInCT

Reaction score
Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, in which case feel free to move or delete this. We are a garden center in western CT and desperate for more B&B evergreen trees (smaller sizes, 6' up to 10/12') this fall. We typically source them from eastern PA, CT (not many farms here with good acreage, almost all cut Christmas trees), NY, and NJ. For quite a number of years, sourcing quality evergreens from PA was pretty simple, but the demand the last 2-3 years is off the charts. No one seems to have anything, or they've given up for the season due to labor shortages and are focusing on cut Christmas trees, like someone in Western NY I talked to today whose trees looked BEAUTIFUL :( We are looking for Norway Spruces and Hemlocks primarily but know that farms aren't willing to let full trucks of just these to go out and can take White Spruce, Serbian Spruce, and White Pines. We take a full truck that is usually around 80-100 trees, 3-4 different sizes, but 50% minimum are the smaller trees, 5-6'. Would anyone know of anyone? We are looking only for trees considered premium/#1 grade (full to the bottom, dense, etc.). I figured I'd check this forum if any of you install trees and have holding yards for landscaping jobs...although I suppose given the shortages some would be reluctant to give up their sources :D

Back