Spark, compression, fuel. No start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1
i just did a mac strimmer that did the same, i turned it to tdc and blew down the carb with a pipe
no pressure there , and could hear the leak from the crank seal
Good idea, I'll remember that (likely in hindsight after the opportunity to make use of it has passed)

Have you run this saw before? Are you using an 'R' plug?

It may be a long shot but I have a Shindaiwa saw that won't run on resistor plugs but runs fine on non-resistor plugs. The thing shows a bright blue spark with an R plug but still won't run.
Not sure if there's any link to Shindaiwa and Zenoah electronics but you never know.
Haven't seen a zenoah engine that didn't come factory with a resistor plug in many, many, many years. The resistor is for radio noise suppression doenst really hurt spark out put, and depending in the coil design running a non resistor plug in place of a resistor plug is not reccomended. He's also tested the coil with an actual spark tester and reported it to have spark, ie the ignition system is working fine under load. Timing still can't be ruled out, but other wise it fires under stress. It's doubtful the plug is an issue at this point.

This seems likely
I had an echo pe200 many years ago, was in for a tune-up, filters, lines...and while warming it up, it just shut off. Had spark, compression, wouldn't hit at all. The seal behind the fan had blown out. I put a new one in with a couple drops of clear epoxy. Drove me crazy

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back