Splitting multiple rounds at once?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can build a splitter to run at just about any speed you want. The question is how much do you want to spend. I have found the 3 seconds out and 2 seconds to return is about as fast as you want to go and still be reasonably safe. 26 gpm with a 4" bore cyl running at a TRUE 3000psi is a nasty splitter and will give you that cycle time. If the round is off set on the shoe it will leave with enough force to become airborn. CJ

I can build a splitter to run at just about any speed you want. The question is how much do you want to spend.
The same is true often in life whether it's hot rods, rifles or women.
off set on the shoe it will leave with enough force to become airborn. CJ
Another reason I envy those that burn softwoods. They are usually straight grained and split easily. Until you've split a 10" curved piece of dry liveoak or one with the ends not being cut parallel and had it pop out and go 10 feet, you haven't really experienced the force that is in play with a hydraulic splitter. Bigger diameters seem to have enough inertia to tame the likelihood they'll fly. Personally, I keep one hand on the valve handle and the other on my side of the round and out of the wedge's path to prevent catching my side, if it flies, right in my tender bits.

Back